I might have some RAM issues

Hello my brethren. A friend of mine just brought me his old PC for me to format the HHD and install Windows again. He's an Asrock G41m-Vs3 motherboard with one 4GB DIMM and two identical HHD, one for the OS and one for the backup with every important file. I had to open de case to connect an optical drive for the OS DVD but when setting up the installing I realised I didn't know which one was the right HDD for mi to install the OS, so I checked the PC again and while there I removed the DIMM to check it too. The problem was: when I put it back i might have place it wrong, for it didn't turned on. Then I placed the DIMM right, but this time didn't started. There is no video signal and all've I got is a three beeping sound from the mobo speaker. As I checked and figured out, it had something to do with the memory. I did everything that came to my mind. remove everything, reconnected every cable, took off the CPU, removed the battery, cleaned the CMOS, changed the memory and nothing happened. All I've got is a three-beeping sound. Did I screw the motherboard? Any tip for my in order to save my soul and my wallet to have to replace the motherboard?

are the ram sticks 100% in their place? Remove them (clean the golden contacts with a dry paper towel) and plug them in again.

are the ram sticks 100% in their place? Remove them (clean the golden contacts with a dry paper towel) and plug them in again.

Yeap. That I did. The mem is fine, as I put it on my PC and they worked. But then I put my own memory in this one and nothing happened.

Yeap. That I did. The mem is fine, as I put it on my PC and they worked. But then I put my own memory in this one and nothing happened.

Maybe you need to position it in the other ram slot

Maybe you need to position it in the other ram slot

Already done. No luck.

You will need to clean cmos ram with the powercable from the powersupply disconnected and the battery must be remove for atleast 30 seconds.

Check the connections again, check if you can´t pull the powerconnectors out with light force.

Don´t forget to plug in the cpu powercable and 24pin.

Check if the graphicscard sits 100% and secured in the pcie slot.

Is the powerconnection for the graphicscard plugged in?

remove the hdd´s, remove the cd drive.

Can´t help you much further if this doesn´t work and you´ll need to have to wait for someone else to help you

good luck 

You will need to clean cmos ram with the powercable from the powersupply disconnected and the battery must be remove for atleast 30 seconds.

Check the connections again, check if you can´t pull the powerconnectors out with light force.

Don´t forget to plug in the cpu powercable and 24pin.

Check if the graphicscard sits 100% and secured in the pcie slot.

Is the powerconnection for the graphicscard plugged in?

remove the hdd´s, remove the cd drive.

Can´t help you much further if this doesn´t work and you´ll need to have to wait for someone else to help you

good luck 

Thanks. I already did all of that with no luck. It is weird, because it's not the first PC on which I install incorrectly a memory and I could fixed it before. This mobo turned out to be a though one.