So, my birthday was yesterday (and NO, it's NOT great having a birthday this close to Christmas, as cheap people tend to combine birthday and christmas presents) and my non-techie, ex-Apple-fanboy dad suprised me by saying that he ordered both me and himself 64GB OnePlus Ones! :D After I was done being proud of him for jumping to Android with me/being happy that I can now ditch my current iPhone 4, I had some questions that he probably didn't know the answers to.

1) I asked him when it'll arrive, and he said they didn't give him a date yet but it enetered the shipping process, but won't be here until sometime after Christmas. So I ask you, where do they ship from? I'm guessing Japan/China/Singapore/Wherever the heck OnePlus is based. For you Eastern Seaboard US OPO owners, how long did it take to get to you?

2) Besides what's on Google's page about switching to Android, is there anything else we should do before we sell our iPhones?

3) One of my dad's fears is that the OS is really buggy/hard to learn, which it was back in April when the reviews he's reading were published. How much better has it gotten?

4) The iPhone 4 uses a MicroSIM, while the OPO uses a NanoSIM. How much of a hassle is it to get a NanoSIM from AT&T?

5) What's the situation with the OS? I heard CM is pulling out, is that just India (because of their Micromax partnership), or worldwide? If it's worldwide, will the OPO be getting CM12(S?), or will OnePlus's ROM be the next update?

I can't wait until the phone gets here. :D

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

So, my birthday was yesterday (and NO, it's NOT great having a birthday this close to Christmas, as cheap people tend to combine birthday and christmas presents) and my non-techie, ex-Apple-fanboy dad suprised me by saying that he ordered both me and himself 64GB OnePlus Ones! :D After I was done being proud of him for jumping to Android with me/being happy that I can now ditch my current iPhone 4, I had some questions that he probably didn't know the answers to.

1) I asked him when it'll arrive, and he said they didn't give him a date yet but it enetered the shipping process, but won't be here until sometime after Christmas. So I ask you, where do they ship from? I'm guessing Japan/China/Singapore/Wherever the heck OnePlus is based. For you Eastern Seaboard US OPO owners, how long did it take to get to you?

2) Besides what's on Google's page about switching to Android, is there anything else we should do before we sell our iPhones?

3) One of my dad's fears is that the OS is really buggy/hard to learn, which it was back in April when the reviews he's reading were published. How much better has it gotten?

4) The iPhone 4 uses a MicroSIM, while the OPO uses a NanoSIM. How much of a hassle is it to get a NanoSIM from AT&T?

5) What's the situation with the OS? I heard CM is pulling out, is that just India (because of their Micromax partnership), or worldwide? If it's worldwide, will the OPO be getting CM12(S?), or will OnePlus's ROM be the next update?

1 Ships from California in the US. I got mine in 5 days

2 Not much, just wipe em and sell em.

3 It is very stable and easy to learn, you should have no issues. I have only had 2 or 3 crashes in several months.

4 No, the OnePlus One uses a microsim. But a new sim is very easy, just go to the att store.

5 For now, just in India. We will get cm12s but possibly a OnePlus distro for andfroid M.

Here is my review if you are interested. 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/210928-oneplus-one-64gb-review/

If you country is in their list then you will be fine ( around 2 weeks)

You will stil have CM on your phone do not worry ( thats what makes opo different)

About the IOS is great - i was comparing apple and opo but i got an iphone 4s for my self since opo was an android and i wanted to start making app for ios

Opo is a great phone since it xmas you do not need a stupid invite to get one

The manufacture will need around a week to make the phone and then ship it where you are :)

Hope you enjoy it

I read a lot of reviews and videos is JUST A GREAT PHONE

1. It took 2 days for me to get it, pretty sure they are based in South Korea.

2. Making sure you have a way to switch you contacts, have synced any photos or videos you have and write down the apps that you want to be able to use on Android and check the Play store online for them.

3. It was never buggy to begin with, mine has always been very snappy and smooth with extremely minimal crashes. It's blazing fast and very easy to adjust to (I came from an iPhone 4 which was extremely sluggish in comparison).

4. Not a hassle at all, just go to their store and they will activate a new nanoSIM for you(though I was able to use my iPhone 4's it doesn't support LTE so you will still need a new LTE capable SIM)

5. According to OnePlus they will be getting Android 5.0 Lollipop but they didn't explain whether it would be CM12. However you can always root the phone and put CM12 on there yourself.

Hope I helped!

1. It took 2 days for me to get it, pretty sure they are based in South Korea.

2. Making sure you have a way to switch you contacts, have synced any photos or videos you have and write down the apps that you want to be able to use on Android and check the Play store online for them.

3. It was never buggy to begin with, mine has always been very snappy and smooth with extremely minimal crashes. It's blazing fast and very easy to adjust to (I came from an iPhone 4 which was extremely sluggish in comparison).

4. Not a hassle at all, just go to their store and they will activate a new nanoSIM for you(though I was able to use my iPhone 4's it doesn't support LTE so you will still need a new LTE capable SIM)

5. According to OnePlus they will be getting Android 5.0 Lollipop but they didn't explain whether it would be CM12. However you can always root the phone and put CM12 on there yourself.

Hope I helped!

Based in China but in the us they ship from California

@Techteen14

Turn off iMessage before wiping the phones. You can do it later on the web but I guess it's faster to do it right away. If you don't, people texting you using an existing iMessage thread won't be able to reach you. Message will get into the void... 

http://support.apple.com/en-ca/TS5185

3 It is very stable and easy to learn, you should have no issues. I have only had 2 or 3 crashes in several months.

LOL, nice, I get about 2-3 crashes a week with my current phone. :P

4 No, the OnePlus One uses a microsim. But a new sim is very easy, just go to the att store.

Ah, I got it mixed up with the Nexus 6, which does use a NanoSIM. I was going to buy that, but I'd rather have the OPO.

5 For now, just in India. We will get cm12s but possibly a OnePlus distro for andfroid M.

Nice to know.

Here is my review if you are interested. 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/210928-oneplus-one-64gb-review/

Thanks, I'll check it out.

OPO is a great phone since it xmas you do not need a stupid invite to get one

About that, I actually got two invites, I just didn't have the cash to pay for it. :P They'd be less stupid if they didn't expire after a day, a week or two would be better.

The manufacture will need around a week to make the phone and then ship it where you are :)

He bought it about 3/5 days ago, during the most recent open sales, so I'm guessing it'll be here anywhere from the 26th to the 31st.

I will transfer the contacts manually by copying when I get the OPO, I have uploaded all my photos/videos to Carousel (Dropbox's photo gallery app) and will use that on Android, and have a Google Sheet with all the apps I have on iOS that I want on my new phone, plus apps I want for Android that aren't on iOS, e.g. Nova Launcher, Tasker, etc.

That's very reassuring. I'm not concerned about size, as I love big phones.

Oh, interesting! Thanks for this information, I probably would've suspected a lemon rather than the SIM.

I hope they clarify soon, it doesn't really matter which but I'd just like to know the details. :P

@Techteen14

Turn off iMessage before wiping the phones. You can do it later on the web but I guess it's faster to do it right away. If you don't, people texting you using an existing iMessage thread won't be able to reach you. Message will get into the void... 

http://support.apple.com/en-ca/TS5185

If I were to turn it off right now, I could still send messages, but they'd just be SMS/MMS, right?

Another question, we both still have iPads that we don't want to get rid of yet (though that'll change, as I'm building a PC to replace it and my dad will probably stop using his Mini in favor of the big screen on the OPO), so what do we do about iMessage on them?

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

the only thing you may have qualms with is yes, the settings menu is poorly designed, while it is better than say LG or Samsung, it's still kind of a mess. 

OS should be pretty easy to learn though.

If I were to turn it off right now, I could still send messages, but they'd just be SMS/MMS, right?

Another question, we both still have iPads that we don't want to get rid of yet (though that'll change, as I'm building a PC to replace it and my dad will probably stop using his Mini in favor of the big screen on the OPO), so what do we do about iMessage on them?

Yes, it would use SMS. 

For the iPad, you can use iMessage with your email instead of your phone number. I guess you can remove your number in the setting or something. I'm not 100% there. Anyway it's possible to use it. I switched to Windows Phone but iMessage is still working on my Macbook. People are messaging me using my email... 

Yes, it would use SMS. 

For the iPad, you can use iMessage with your email instead of your phone number. I guess you can remove your number in the setting or something. I'm not 100% there. Anyway it's possible to use it. I switched to Windows Phone but iMessage is still working on my Macbook. People are messaging me using my email...

Oh, cool, thanks!

I'll go do this now. :P

The software is still a bit buggy on the Oneplus, for me at least. I quite often get that my contacts turn invisible what starting up Whatsapp, but selecting one and then going back reveals them again. Most of my other apps work great, some other one sometimes crashes straight away when starting, which doesn't happen anymore after an update with the app, so it could have been the app's problem as well.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

1. They have warehouses here in Southern California, I live less than half an hour from two OnePlus warehouses and I got mine in 3 days from placing my order. 

2. Wipe and sell. I guess you should save your contacts onto your SIM if you want to avoid re-entering all of your contacts onto your new OPO. 

3. BRUH, Android is almost buttery smooth. The OS is as smooth as iOS, it just has a few more stutters here and there. But don't worry about it, Android with CyanogenMod on the OPO is virtually lag-free.

4. Just walk into your AT&T store and ask for one, as far as I know they are free. My OPO came with a MicroSIM adapter in the box, so it should not be a problem.

5. OPOs sold in India will not be getting CyanogenMod, but you live in the US so it does not pertain to you :) CyanogenMod has promised 2 years of support for the OnePlus One (well, those not sold in India). It's rumored and expected that CyanogenMod 12S will be hitting OPOs in January, so sit tight :)

Hope you love your OPO as much as I love mine :)

-From the desk of Moose-