Shaw internet rates increasing on January 1, 2015. Existing customers affected.

Aniallation

I pay 80 for 10/0.6 in Florida, in my area the only provider is brighthouse (time warner) and for 40 mbps they charge around 120. I talked to smaller isps and they said that due to a local law only time warner can provide cable services over my area.

I'm in Florida as well and I used to have Brighthouse for the same pricing as you, though now I get 15/2 paying ~$45 with WoW (Wide Open West/ Knology) in the Tampa area..I'd say it is a more reliable service than Brighthouse was. Sucks that not everyone can get good service..

Wow!! Do u have cable?

Lmao im 90% sure even if they didnt have to sell they wouldnt care about the infrastructure!

yeah im on optus cable.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

I don't blame you for thinking that, and I don't blame anyone for not believing me, but consider that not only is it reported that three years ago the nationwide faults reported by two sources was less than 2% and faults by a third source to be less than 10% (which begs the question why all of a sudden can you not get copper fixed?).  

I also have inside information.   Which can't be verified and so you must be skeptical,  however looking at all the data (even if I was pulling it out of my arse) it is still quite plausible and to be expected of a company with Telstra's record.

Ever thought the government had something to do with these numbers so his FTTN bs doesn't look so bad? Maybe your right and it isnt as bad but would they upgrade there infrastructure? i don't think so imo there completely fine with adsl2 speeds lol.

4017444125.png

Pay about £40 for this. Not so bad.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Ever thought the government had something to do with these numbers so his FTTN bs doesn't look so bad? Maybe your right and it isnt as bad but would they upgrade there infrastructure? i don't think so imo there completely fine with adsl2 speeds lol.

I think It's true that they would have only upgraded when there was money in it for them (which means the reverse is also true), however they don't own the copper anymore.  It will be interesting to see how this all pans out over the next few years.  The last set of reports I read said the NBN co. was going to ensure all the copper was able to deliver the promised speeds.  Politician promises I know, but still nice to read. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Ummm I thought the government paid for there network infrastructure

The bull shit is strong here 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

Ummm I thought the government paid for there network infrastructure

The bull shit is strong here 

A lot of it, yes, but not all of it. Plus Canada yo. Our ISP's barely even recognize the word "competition" in a hypothetical sense.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)