Someone please help me with 12V 8 pin motherboard.

Pyroven

Okay so I got a new motherboard. In contrast to my old board which had a 4-pin 12V connector beside the CPU socket, this one has an 8-pin.

I have a non-modular power supply which only has a 4-pin coming out of it, so today I went out and got a molex-8pin adapter, thinking that would solve my problem. Only when I get home I realise that I had a PCIe 8-pin, so it wouldn't fit.

Someone please tell me that I don't have to buy a new power supply. I don't know If I could handle that.

You have to buy a new PSU!

Jk some mobos don't need the 8 pin. But don't quote me on dat

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Look at the connector and plug it into the 4 corresponding pins of the 8 and you'll be fine, you won't be able to overclock but this will get the system up and running properly.

This picture should help you out.
2ryq78y.png

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

There are 4pin CPU to 8pin CPU adapters, although if you're PSU doesn't have one, it is possible that it doesn't have enough power to power a new CPU.

Plugging in a 4pin and leaving 4 pins empty on the motherboard might work, but doesn't have to.