Thoughts on the BenQ XL2430T

Aleks

I went into NCIX yesterday and placed my order for one of these monitors. From the very little I could find on these through youtube and such it is looking to be very good. Does anyone here own this monitor or have anything to say about it? I am interested in learning more about it.

Fast TN monitor with no backlight flicker (PWM) that's great for playing fast paced PC games.

Would you say the colors are good for a TN panel? I am into fast paced gamed but also into great looking games like dragon age:inquisition or far cry 4. As much as I want a smooth responsive display. I want something nice to look at.

I went into NCIX yesterday and placed my order for one of these monitors. From the very little I could find on these through youtube and such it is looking to be very good. Does anyone here own this monitor or have anything to say about it? I am interested in learning more about it.

Wait, you've already bought the monitor and now you're wondering what it's like?

Had you come here first I would've told you to save some cash and get the XL2420Z. All that's changed from that model to the 2430T is some more tweaks to the stand and other gamer-oriented bling.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Would you say the colors are good for a TN panel? I am into fast paced gamed but also into great looking games like dragon age:inquisition or far cry 4. As much as I want a smooth responsive display. I want something nice to look at.

Sounds like your best option would be an IPS screen then, and then maybe overclock it?

Sig under construction.

I'm not sure if your build will be able to use the full 144hz on it without degrading your game's quality settings.

Also, why would you buy something without knowing sufficient amounts of information on it?

| CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.4Ghz  | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming  | CPU COOLING: FRACTAL DESIGN S36 | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus Vii HERO | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600MHz  | CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 850W Fully Modular | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda | SSD: 256GB Crucial MX100 | DISPLAY: Dell U2414H | HEADSET: Corsair H2100 Dolby 7.1 Surround |

For a TN panel they're fine, you won't notice any issue unless you're used to working on a colour accurate IPS panel.

I would have no problem using one, and game on a TN myself. All the fast panels are TN because IPS is not able to keep up with high refresh rate as a technology.

That BenQ is among the best gaming monitors, I think Totalbiscuit uses them.

I'm not sure if your build will be able to use the full 144hz on it without degrading our game's quality settings.

Also, why would you buy something without knowing sufficient amounts of information on it?

I have put in a good chunk of overtime at work in order to pick myself up this monitor as well as a EVGA 980 SC. I know BenQ is a trust worthy brand and I am looking for a high quality 144hz gaming monitor. I didn't make this thread to know everything about the monitor. I made it so I could get some feedback on what other people thought of it. That being said, do you any thoughts on the subject?

I have put in a good chunk of overtime at work in order to pick myself up this monitor as well as a EVGA 980 SC. I know BenQ is a trust worthy brand and I am looking for a high quality 144hz gaming monitor. I didn't make this thread to know everything about the monitor. I made it so I could get some feedback on what other people thought of it. That being said, do you any thoughts on the subject?

No sorry buddy, I don't use gaming monitors.

Also, you should have a look at a 970 SLI over a single 980 and see if you'd prefer to do that. It's a bit more expensive, but quiet a lot more powerful which would be needed to keep you close the the 144FPS mark.

| CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.4Ghz  | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming  | CPU COOLING: FRACTAL DESIGN S36 | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus Vii HERO | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600MHz  | CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 850W Fully Modular | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda | SSD: 256GB Crucial MX100 | DISPLAY: Dell U2414H | HEADSET: Corsair H2100 Dolby 7.1 Surround |

Great monitors, i have the XL2420TE, which just has a different stand AFAIK. The colors on it are great for a TN panel, and are probably as good as a low end IPS panel.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Great monitors, i have the XL2420TE, which just has a different stand AFAIK. The colors on it are great for a TN panel, and are probably as good as a low end IPS panel.

Thanks for the reassuring response! I can't wait for it!