Essential PC programs?

ignorethisone

Hey guys! I am almost done my build and am planning on installing windows 7 (it is free :D). Just wondering if you guys had any favorite or must have programs or anything like that. Free or paid are welcome :)

Chrome

Notepad++

VLC

Steam

TeraCopy

Winrar/7zip

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Cpu-z

OCCT

Aida extreme

Core temp

3d mark

Vlc

Utorrent

Steam

Origin

Uplay

Realtek audio driver (surprised how many don't do this)

MSI AB

GPU-z

Ccleaner

Malwarebytes

Avast free

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

If you're a student, onenote, some type of schedule manager and planner (I use mystudylife), and ms office.

Pfff. onenote, why so it can automatically reassign itself as your printer and disable your ability to print anything?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Irfanview
Ccleaner

Malwarebytes

Bittorrrent

Chrome

VLC

MPC BE / HC

Foxit pdf Reader

ImgBurn

Start8 (for win8)

Daemon Tools Advanced

Microsoft Office 2013

Winrar

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

Pfff. onenote, why so it can automatically reassign itself as your printer and disable your ability to print anything?

Haha. Very annoying when it does this although it is quite simple to change your default printer.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

Haha. Very annoying when it does this although it is quite simple to change your default printer.

I've done it like 9 times on my moms computer, it always finds a reason and a way to set itself back to default. I fucking HATE onenote, it has been a constant pain in the ass to me, and as a student, I have never used it, never found any need to.

I've done it like 9 times on my moms computer, it always finds a reason and a way to set itself back to default. I fucking HATE onenote, it has been a constant pain in the ass to me, and as a student, I have never used it, never found any need to.

University student here. It's notetaking abilities are fantastic, especially if you want to use a stylus to quickly jot something down. I much prefer it to evernote and the rest of the other notetaking software, but hey, that's just me. As for the printer thing, I haven't had it do that to me yet so hopefully that doesn't happen :P

University student here. It's notetaking abilities are fantastic, especially if you want to use a stylus to quickly jot something down. I much prefer it to evernote and the rest of the other notetaking software, but hey, that's just me. As for the printer thing, I haven't had it do that to me yet so hopefully that doesn't happen :P

I'm old school son

Pen-and-Paper.jpeg

I've never needed to take notes or study really, The only thing I've ever used in my online classes is a pen and paper, and bookmarks for reference sources on research projects.

CLONEZILLA - Get your computer up to date...add your essentials... then clone the drive to an external or somewhere.  If you ever need to format, you get your computer back the way you like it in 10 minutes.

Windows backup sucks BTW...takes forever...takes up a large amount of space.  Clonezilla takes 10 minutes to write, 10 minutes to restore.  I am going from SSD to external mechanical.  I never have to re-install windows again.

I'm old school son

Pen-and-Paper.jpeg

I've never needed to take notes or study really, The only thing I've ever used in my online classes is a pen and paper, and bookmarks for reference sources on research projects.

Pen and Paper is pretty awesome, especially if writing with a nice pen (LAMY fountain pens are just amazing for long essays). My main problem is that I am disorganized and OneNOte helps me solve that issue. Otherwise I would end up losing my notes or spend hours looking for them. It's just convenient for me, I guess. It's also pretty much impossible to get the grades needed to get into grad school without studying and note taking in my field, so yeah, that's not really an option lol.

Pen and Paper is pretty awesome, especially if writing with a nice pen (LAMY fountain pens are just amazing for long essays). My main problem is that I am disorganized and OneNOte helps me solve that issue. Otherwise I would end up losing my notes or spend hours looking for them. It's just convenient for me, I guess. It's also pretty much impossible to get the grades needed to get into grad school without studying and note taking in my field, so yeah, that's not really an option lol.

What field? I'm taking Networking Security classes now, and while I am only on the 4th semester (5 week semesters, 2 classes per semester, ECPI online) I haven't needed notes yet. The only thing I have needed is practice with my algebra so that I remember how to do certain equations and what not for the tests. I've never been a big studier, and all through high school I usually got A's on tests, homework and projects was another story however.

Right now I am on college Algebra and Logic and design in programming (which is just.....basic logic in programming, flow charts and "pseudo-code", no actual languages or anything)

What field? I'm taking Networking Security classes now, and while I am only on the 4th semester (5 week semesters, 2 classes per semester, ECPI online) I haven't needed notes yet. The only thing I have needed is practice with my algebra so that I remember how to do certain equations and what not for the tests. I've never been a big studier, and all through high school I usually got A's on tests, homework and projects was another story however.

I'm in 3rd year analytic philosophy, with a particular focus on metaethics, although my classes range from philosophy of mind, epistemology, metaphysics, etc. But yeah, for Arts courses, notetaking is pretty much a must if you want to consistently get A's. For the couple of comp sci courses I took back in college, I found that that wasn't so critical since you could usually find the course material online and study off of that, so it's a bit less labour intensive in that regard.

Google Chrome, Gimp, Open Office, Steam, Notepad++, VLC, TightVNC, Daemon Tools(lite), FreeMake Video converter, Mozilla FireFox, and Audacity.

Daemon Tools Lite, does that not add Malware too?