FX8350,8320,or 8300.

I'm not necessarily going to get an 8350,people have brought up some good points,and i might look into getting a non-fx CPU.I am on a budget though so i might end up getting one of the afore-mentioned CPUs.

One thing that 8350 does beat the i5 is at multitasking. Because of the more l2 cache but in video editing rendering and gaming the 4690k beats the 8350 and if you ever chose to you can upgrade the 4690k to a 4790k.

BTW what is your budget?

[CPU] i7 4790K OC [CPU Cooler] H100i [GPU] Evga GTX 980 SuperClocked [Ram] Corsair Vengeance 16 GB 1866 mhz [PSU] Cooler Master 1000w Silent Pro [storage] 256 GB Samsung 840 Pro, 1TB Seagate SSHD, 1 TB WD Blue 4 TB Seagate Nas. [Motherboard] Msi Z97 Gaming 5 [Case] Phantom 410 Red [sound] Onboard ALC 1150 [Headphones] Sennheiser HD 558 [Keyboard] Razer BlackWidow Chroma  [Mouse] Razer Deathadder Chroma [Mouse] Razer FireFly [Monitor] Asus MG278Q

Alright guys,so alot of people are fans or going the intel route,so i've decided i'll look more into that.I've looked up some benchmarks on 4460's and they do pretty well against 8350's in gaming which is what i'd mostly do.Anyways i'll look more into and see if i can fit atleast a 4590 into my budget.Thanks for all the input guys.

Alright guys,so alot of people are fans or going the intel route,so i've decided i'll look more into that.I've looked up some benchmarks on 4460's and they do pretty well against 8350's in gaming which is what i'd mostly do.Anyways i'll look more into and see if i can fit atleast a 4590 into my budget.Thanks for all the input guys.

If you live near a Microcenter, check their in-store prices on motherboard + processor bundles, they are incredible.

Bottom line, for gaming, Intel is the correct route.  You can look for yourself in these forums, its pretty much daily that someone is complaining about their FX processor holding them back in games, or not getting the most out of their high end GPUs.  Thats not to say people with Intel processors don't have problems too, but with the FX, the problem is the hardware 9 times out of 10.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

If you live near a Microcenter, check their in-store prices on motherboard + processor bundles, they are incredible.

Bottom line, for gaming, Intel is the correct route.  You can look for yourself in these forums, its pretty much daily that someone is complaining about their FX processor holding them back in games, or not getting the most out of their high end GPUs.  Thats not to say people with Intel processors don't have problems too, but with the FX, the problem is the hardware 9 times out of 10.

Unfortunately microcenter isn't a thing where i live.

Good choice. Go with Intel you won't regret it. You will if you go with the FX, I did.

Good choice. Go with Intel you won't regret it. You will if you go with the FX, I did.

same here...fx cpu for gaming are trash i owned mine for 3 months...only thing it does good is video rendering on budget...for gaming even a core i3 is better 9 times out of 10.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR