[Hackintosh] Asus X99 vs Gigabyte X99

HiDEF

What! MSI is awesome at least on the mainstream side

he was asking for asus or gigabyte. now you get it?

Not really down for Hackintosh myself since OSX lacks software there isn't an alternative for. From what I've read years ago, Gigabyte boards were the most stable for this.

Like I mentioned earlier, I'm just torn in which direction to go..

I was all set to go with the 5820K setup before I posting this thread and now I'm caught between going with the 4790K or the 4930K cpu.. From all of you're experience, between the 4790K and 4930K, which is better for video editing? And I'm assuming if its good enough for video editing, it'll be good enough for gaming, correct?

EDIT: Tonymac recommends the 4930K for a "powerful rig." <<Frustrations builds>>

I was all set to go with the 5820K setup before I posting this thread and now I'm caught between going with the 4790K or the 4930K cpu.. From all of you're experience, between the 4790K and 4930K, which is better for video editing? And I'm assuming if its good enough for video editing, it'll be good enough for gaming, correct?

EDIT: Tonymac recommends the 4930K for a "powerful rig." <<Frustrations builds>>

Of course the one with the most processor cores.

More cores=more threads=faster

-

It almost has no performance gain with more cores in games, except BF4.

But that will change in the future with more hyperthreaded optimized games.

Like what said, more cores means more threads which mean quicker render times in video production. 

But like what I said before, the x79 and 4930k is a dead platform, and although in theory, perform better then the 4790K, I wouldn't get the x79 platform unless I got it for a very good deal. 

If you don't plan on upgrading your CPU/Motherboard after building this machine for a good three years or so, then go right ahead and buy the 4930K as it is still a beast of a CPU.