Any tips on selling things with high sentimental value?

melias24

Hey guys, it just occurred to me, if i sold my Lego, i would get close to $1000, and that'd be enough for me to get a new GPu and case, and a few other things. Anyway, i've grown up with this Lego, and it's been a huge part of my life, but it just sits in boxes now, and never get's touched. Anyone else ever sold anything with a high sentimental value? Any tips on how to let it go? 

~Elias

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

Hey guys, it just occurred to me, if i sold my Lego, i would get close to $1000, and that'd be enough for me to get a new GPu and case, and a few other things. Anyway, i've grown up with this Lego, and it's been a huge part of my life, but it just sits in boxes now, and never get's touched. Anyone else ever sold anything with a high sentimental value? Any tips on how to let it go? 

~Elias

Price it according to actual values rather than what you think because you will always overvalue things with value to you because they mean something to you. And also never tell the person you are trying to sell them to that they have sentimental value to you because then they will question whether or not you are actually selling at a fair price or not and try their hardest to hagle you down. Also dont be stubborn on your price if someone offers you $925 maybe try counter offering once but dont stick to your guns if its a fair offer since for something like that it is a small collector base.

And if you dont feel comfortable selling dont, but at the same time if its set in boxes for so long out of sight you really wont miss it either way its just the memories they brought back when you put your eyes on them again that makes it hard. Get past those and sell or keep them but make a definitive choice and stick to it otherwise there will be regrets.

Leave them for your children... nothing is more important than their sentimental value... if you want a new GPU, get a job and save some money.

Price it according to actual values rather than what you think because you will always overvalue things with value to you because they mean something to you. And also never tell the person you are trying to sell them to that they have sentimental value to you because then they will question whether or not you are actually selling at a fair price or not and try their hardest to hagle you down. Also dont be stubborn on your price if someone offers you $925 maybe try counter offering once but dont stick to your guns if its a fair offer since for something like that it is a small collector base.

And if you dont feel comfortable selling dont, but at the same time if its set in boxes for so long out of sight you really wont miss it either way its just the memories they brought back when you put your eyes on them again that makes it hard. Get past those and sell or keep them but make a definitive choice and stick to it otherwise there will be regrets.

nope never sell lego

nope never sell lego

I would the only thing I would never sell are my guns, or something that was a dead family members.