MGS : Ground zeros screenshots and first impressions

ixi_your_face

Some of these are really shitty, either these are low settings for the screenshots, or the game just looks shit :(

I don't find it a particularly good looking game, myself. The graphics are serviceable, but this level of quality certainly could have been done before. Technologically, I don't think they're doing anything new or impressive.

Performance is excellent, though. My GTX 770 is plenty for 1080p with nearly max settings. I think 4K would be very practical with a pair of GTX 970's or R9 290X's. Shame about that 60 FPS cap, though, as it wouldn't be too hard to get this one to 120.

With that good performance, coupled with good gameplay, I'm happy to overlook the graphics not really pushing the limits.

So happy that MGS is making a return on PC. Hopefully they'll release the legacy collection/hd collection on steam, or at least re-release 1 and 2 on GOG or something.

I've been waiting for a remaster on PC for years. I've still to play 4, just because I never had a PS3, so hopefully they'll do that. IIRC Kojima said he wants to do that with the games in the FOX engine or something and bring them to PC, if so, that'd be awesome!

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

wait am i missing something? wasnt this game out for quite a while now?

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

wait am i missing something? wasnt this game out for quite a while now?

Just released on PC

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

Recently got this on the Holiday sale on Steam. Did a couple benches and so far I've gotta say it's very well optimized. I'm running it on a Pentium Dual Core and R9 270 with everything on high and I'm getting 49-60 FPS with everything on Extra High I get 19-30 tbh I was expecting it. But for some reason with all settings on extra high there seems to be a bit of DOF issues for me on extra high for some reasons.

Just released on PC

oh ok makes sense ;PP

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M