steam games/gift are now region lock due to Russian ruble crumble

ahhming

So if you use a VPN when you apply the code you'll be able to use the codes? Because 'you'll be in that region' according to your IP? 

As long as they only have a region lock only on keys from cheap countries I have no issue with it.
But if it's a complete region lock I'm going to be pissed because in Germany many games are cut and games like Mortal Kombat or Dead Island aren't even available here.

RTX2070OC 

Thanks steam now again a new AAA game will cost 1/5th of my god dam paycheck.....why doesn't Bosnia, Serbia (Balkan etc..) get a special region then because 90% of people here buy gifts of games because theyre too god dam expensive....

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

Southeast Asia is affected? No it's not. I live in Hong Kong and it still uses the main USA store, we never had any price cuts at all and have always had the same prices as the USA, so now I can't gift games from my steam to my american friend's steams if we paid the same price anyway?

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Guess i wont be buying from steam anymore. I play games in europe and USA when i travel and i tend to buy the european.