Desktop for College

arundel

Hi guys, I recently got into college (a certain techy one in Boston)  ;) and I want to build a desktop for college. I really like MacBooks, and will probably get one for college, so I need some ideas on how to smoothly integrate windows on my desktop with OS X on my laptop i.e. write an essay on my desktop and have it automatically available on my laptop. As of now, I think the best solution would be google drive/dropbox, but if you guys have any suggestions, please let me know!

The specs I will be building my desktop with are:

i7-4790k

16gb Kingston Fury RAM

MSI Z97s SLI mobo

Windforce gtx 970 (can't resist that led logo)  :)

Corsair h100i

NZXT h440

Corsair HX650

2x480 Kingston HyperX SSD (already have these)

I also have an enterprise 1.5 tb SSD that my dad gave me, but its a pre-production model and I have to find drivers for it.

Any comments on my part selection? The parts all contain some blue elements so I think it'll look good :)

I like your parts, and I think your best bet would be Google Drive, my school uses it for everything and I like its, although if you want more functionality, you might what it check out office online, its like full word in your browser, but I don't know if it saves it to Onedrive or what so you'll have to look at that, and I would recommend Evernote for notes, both on OS X and Windows :)

Ran by coffee

What's the budget? And purpose. Google Docs is the best solution.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

I like your parts, and I think your best bet would be Google Drive, my school uses it for everything and I like its, although if you want more functionality, you might what it check out office online, its like full word in your browser, but I don't know if it saves it to Onedrive or what so you'll have to look at that, and I would recommend Evernote for notes, both on OS X and Windows :)

it does save to onedrive, 

Google Docs, or if you are willing to spend a bit more I think office 365 has a nice deal

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Ok thanks! I will definitely check out office 365, not sure what the support is for mac though.