how to prevent gpu sag?

Swndlr

ok so earlier today i mounted my 770 dcu2 in a 450d and it held up nicely but the sag is going to drive me up a wall. is there any good solution to this?
currently:

http://gyazo.com/38a9796bc8a6ba7f239454f9c5344c42

http://gyazo.com/932b5e4114b435c04b709b4b89c9c30e

the one possible solution ive come up with is-

there was a sewing kit in the closet and it has really thin strings and threads that are black and barely visible, so i can tie the string around a part of the gpu and lead it to the top of the case until its basically straight.

edit: check solved reply.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

are you able to add a backplate kit to it?

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

If you know a good plastic surgeon, you could get a lift.

*wink* *wink*

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Backplates or something similar?? don't some people use fishing wire or something crazy like that?

Yes Yes Legalize Gay Marriage sure, but have you ever considered Weaponizing Gay?

CPU: I5 4690 3.5ghz || MOBO: MSI B85-G43 Gaming Board || RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengance Pro - Red || GPU: Gainward GTX770 Phantom 4gb || PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750W Gold || Case: Thermaltake Urban T31 || SSD: Corsair Force 120GB || HDD: 1TB WD Black

are you able to add a backplate kit to it?

explain more pls c:

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

The DCUII sags, you'll have to live with that, there is nothing you can do to the card itself that will prevent it. What you could try is creating a support for the card, like this:

MvHrjcv.jpg

You could also go with using your power connectors as a support by making them pull upward on the card this helps with sagging some it's what I do. As said before the CUII sags and is the worst one to sag that I have seen and seeing how they already come with a backplate adding another will not help(and probably can't be done without some rigged crap). just try to rig something to hold up the back end near the connectors, whether it be some wire to hold it from the top or use the power cables themselves, just whatever way you can get some of the weight off the end of the card.

CPU: Intel i5 4670(non K) Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H87-D3H Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8Gb (2x4Gb) @1600Mhz HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 OC WF3 ~1293Mhz max boost clock~ PSU: Corsair RM 750 Case: Corsair 300R Windowed Edition OS: Windows 8.1

You could also go with using your power connectors as a support by making them pull upward on the card this helps with sagging some it's what I do. As said before the CUII sags and is the worst one to sag that I have seen and seeing how they already come with a backplate adding another will not help(and probably can't be done without some rigged crap). just try to rig something to hold up the back end near the connectors, whether it be some wire to hold it from the top or use the power cables themselves, just whatever way you can get some of the weight off the end of the card.

tbh i think im just going to end up using some fish wire or black thread to tighten it to something near by, or the power connector idea seems good if i can make it work.

The DCUII sags, you'll have to live with that, there is nothing you can do to the card itself that will prevent it. What you could try is creating a support for the card, like this:

MvHrjcv.jpg

Did you made this? as your comment said, or where did you bought it? looks quite nice. 

Did you made this? as your comment said, or where did you bought it? looks quite nice. 

This isn't my system, just the first half decent looking solution that popped up on google. :)

Omg that Pugey systems bracket thing looks awesome!! I want to do something for my card to it sags really bad :(

Edit: seriously where can I buy one of those?

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

Omg that Pugey systems bracket thing looks awesome!! I want to do something for my card to it sags really bad :(

Edit: seriously where can I buy one of those?

lol im wondering the same thing bro, would be a saving piece for me atm :P

This isn't my system, just the first half decent looking solution that popped up on google. :)

can you try and find more out about it for me please ;)

CPU: Intel i5 4670(non K) Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H87-D3H Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8Gb (2x4Gb) @1600Mhz HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 OC WF3 ~1293Mhz max boost clock~ PSU: Corsair RM 750 Case: Corsair 300R Windowed Edition OS: Windows 8.1

you are a fucking legend. literally this will be in my system by wednesday.

and also, if you took the time to look around that site, theyve actually got some really interesting case mods, good find brotherin.

I need something like this but that would work with two GPU's with a single slot spacing between them.

Something metal and thin like the support bracket that come with this cooler would be ideal

c9921247ff.jpg

If anyone knows where to get ones like that or where I can get two made for my GPU's that would be fantastic.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

It's a shame they didn't make them out of aluminium... :(

the gpu brace? i mean if it keeps cost down and still does the job, then im all for it + i wouldnt wanna spend like $40 or $50 on something that i didnt plan to buy in the first place.

the gpu brace? i mean if it keeps cost down and still does the job, then im all for it + i wouldnt wanna spend like $40 or $50 on something that i didnt plan to buy in the first place.

Yah the GPU brace. :D I wouldn't mind paying a little extra for good looks, but everyone has different priorities (and luckily I don't need one). :)