Which graphic cards should i get for...?

Carnage

Which graphic cards should I get ?

What should I get if i'll be playing like gta, cod, and maybe bf3 occasionally?

Was thinking about a 660 SC

Edited by Carnage

AMD Radeon 7970 Ghz Edition or GTX 770

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

7970 Ghz Edition and overclock it but If you don't want to overclock; the GTX 770 is also a good option. 

770, but i wonder when 760 ti comes out

What about something like $200- $400?

Which graphic cards should I get for $400 or less.

Was thinking about a 660 SC

As mentioned above, the GTX 770 is your best option along with the HD 7970. What resolution is your monitor? What games will you be playing?

What about something like $200- $400?

Where do you live? The GTX 770 is less than $400 in the US, as is the 7970. Graphics cards scale exponentially, not linearly, with price. A $100 graphics card will be ten times worse than a $400 graphics card.

Not really. Although it depends what you want to play and at what resolution as to whether it would be an intelligent choice.

As mentioned above, the GTX 770 is your best option along with the HD 7970. What resolution is your monitor? What games will you be playing?

Where do you live? The GTX 770 is less than $400 in the US, as is the 7970. Graphics cards scale exponentially, not linearly, with price. A $100 graphics card will be ten times worse than a $400 graphics card.

Not really. Although it depends what you want to play and at what resolution as to whether it would be an intelligent choice.

I live in the US and was thinking about buying like a cheap graphics card now and then get something alot better and I would be playing like gta, cod, and maybe bf3 occasionally.  

What should I get if i'll be playing like gta, cod, and maybe bf3 occasionally?

What should I get if i'll be playing like gta, cod, and maybe bf3 occasionally?

HD 7870/7850 GTX 660.

it's funny that i mention it  :lol:

i think your "minimum choices" should be (currently) a 770 or a 7950 (and nothing less than that)

If you are on a tight budget, try to get a 7870XT, those perform only slightly less than an 7950 :)

Proud to be from Belgium.

If you are on a tight budget, try to get a 7870XT, those perform only slightly less than an 7950 :)

true true, i think is even a best choice that my lol ^_^ the LE 7870 XT is the new king

Damn you guys are crazy get  a 7870 or a 660 ti. Those two cards will max both games. Dude dont go crazy with money.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

true true, i think is even a best choice that my lol ^_^ the LE 7870 XT is the new king

I was planning to get one, but they stopped selling it in Belgium ... 

It was €219 for the Club3D JokerCard and €230 for the Sapphire one, I ended up paying €209 for a Sapphire Ghz edition 7870.

I can really recommend it, but since you said you want something in performance perspective of the 770 or 7950, this is out of the question :)

I am guessing you have a 7850, already considerate to go Crossfire? 2 7850's will spit out more FPS than a 7970, and with the (hopefully) fix for microstuttering comming up, this will be good for a couple of years :)

I was planning to get one, but they stopped selling it in Belgium ... 

It was €219 for the Club3D JokerCard and €230 for the Sapphire one, I ended up paying €209 for a Sapphire Ghz edition 7870.

I can really recommend it, but since you said you want something in performance perspective of the 770 or 7950, this is out of the question :)

I am guessing you have a 7850, already considerate to go Crossfire? 2 7850's will spit out more FPS than a 7970, and with the (hopefully) fix for microstuttering comming up, this will be good for a couple of years :)

yea, the thing is, they are 4 cards that one can choose

my 7850 is the 1s one (i love you my precious card)  :wub:

next we have the Pitcairn 7870 (this is the 1s gen)

then we have the Tahiti 7870 (also know as LE or 7930)

and finally we have the 7950 (more powerful than ALL and at excelente price, the best choice of all)

this is why I recommend cut the middle ground, and jump to the top (the 7950)

i love the 7850 and 7870 and the 7870 LE  :lol:

but if you can reach to the 7950, do not think about it, buy it  :D

the 770 come here, just in case you want a Nvidia card (is a great card)  B)

(it be bad on my side recommend a old 600 series at this point)  ^_^

before i forget, i love the idea of a Crossfire 7850 and a Crossfire 7870

but "this is just my personal opinion", i really don't care the fraps problems, drivers have fix all, for me at least

but many people disagree with me in this part, so... i can not say much in this aspect

How about this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127667  (don't own it just researched a little bit, don't hit me  :D ).

With a case with good ventilation and some little oc it will be a beast....

Please quote and give some feedback about this card

Thanks!

oh nice, a MSI R7950 Twin Frozr III, buy buy buy  :rolleyes:

It all depends on your price range, a lower end card such as the gtx 660ti would be just fine for this generation but for next gen but too future proof look at gtx 670 upwards! I use a asus Direct cu2 Gtx 670 and will be using it next generation of games! Hoped this helpes

Leader of the Fox Army on twitch and youtube

yea, the thing is, they are 4 cards that one can choose

my 7850 is the 1s one (i love you my precious card)  :wub:

next we have the Pitcairn 7870 (this is the 1s gen)

then we have the Tahiti 7870 (also know as LE or 7930)

and finally we have the 7950 (more powerful than ALL and at excelente price, the best choice of all)

this is why I recommend cut the middle ground, and jump to the top (the 7950)

i love the 7850 and 7870 and the 7870 LE  :lol:

but if you can reach to the 7950, do not think about it, buy it  :D

the 770 come here, just in case you want a Nvidia card (is a great card)  B)

(it be bad on my side recommend a old 600 series at this point)  ^_^

This is all true.

I had the funds to buy a 7950 but still I bought the 7870, I was thinking like this: if the cheaper version gets me the performance I need, why buy a better, more expensive one?

The system I currenly own is (in my opinion) a perfectly composed setup, with all the components picked to last for about a year or 3. 

What I mean is: a gpu is like a psu or a cpu. 

70 euro buys you a 550watt psu or a 650watt one. I would chose for the one that I need, not for the one that I can buy :-)

A pc should fit your needs, not your budget :-)

This is all true.

I had the funds to buy a 7950 but still I bought the 7870, I was thinking like this: if the cheaper version gets me the performance I need, why buy a better, more expensive one?

The system I currenly own is (in my opinion) a perfectly composed setup, with all the components picked to last for about a year or 3. 

What I mean is: a gpu is like a psu or a cpu. 

70 euro buys you a 550watt psu or a 650watt one. I would chose for the one that I need, not for the one that I can buy :-)

A pc should fit your needs, not your budget :-)

Great response^

For the op, a 7950 now would be a great choice. It would be adequate for quite a while without needing to upgrade. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I live in the US and was thinking about buying like a cheap graphics card now and then get something alot better and I would be playing like gta, cod, and maybe bf3 occasionally.

Its better and cheaper to wait and buy once. Get either 79xx graphics card 7950 and above or 770 and above.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

The new 770 is a really good deal IMO.  That or a 7950...

Intel Core i7 4930K @ 4.7GHz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | 2 x EVGA GTX Titan SC (1254MHz) | 16GB Patriot Viper Extreme DDR3 2133MHz (4 x 4GB) | Corsair AX1200 | Silverstone Temjin TJ11 | Corsair Force 3 240GB (System) | 2 x Intel 320 160GB SSD (Dedicated Gaming Drives) | Hitachi Deskstar 1TB (Data) | MS Windows 10 Pro | EK Supreme HF/FC-Titan/Rampage IV Extreme blocks | Hardware Labs GTX 560/240 rads | Alphacool VPP-655 D5 pump | Bitspower mod kit/pump top/fittings/120mm res