upgrading from 16:10 to 16:9 what size ?

hi i just want jour guys opinion i have an old 24" samsung 16:10  1920*1200 monitor but im planning on upgrading i dont know wich size monitor to go to 24" or 27" 

im mainly using this for gaming i play mostly fps games like cod so is it worth spending 100 dollars more for a benq xl2720z instead of a benq2420z ?

other tips for good 144hz monitors for the same money are always welcome

thanks

Its not worth to go to 1080p now, maybe not even 1440p. Id go for the dell 4k ips 60 one

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

hi i just want jour guys opinion i have an old 24" samsung 16:10  1920*1200 monitor but im planning on upgrading i dont know wich size monitor to go to 24" or 27" 

im mainly using this for gaming i play mostly fps games like cod so is it worth spending 100 dollars more for a benq xl2720z instead of a benq2420z ?

other tips for good 144hz monitors for the same money are always welcome

thanks

The 2420 is a lower resolution than the monitor you have now and you will definatly notice that, but if you have room for multimonitor it's no issue.

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

The 2420 is a lower resolution than the monitor you have now and you will definatly notice that, but if you have room for multimonitor it's no issue.

i know the resolution wil be 'only' 1080p but i just need a new monitor for gaming and i dont want to go to 1440p because i only have a gtx 760 but i wil definitly keep the monitor 

i know the resolution wil be 'only' 1080p but i just need a new monitor for gaming and i dont want to go to 1440p because i only have a gtx 760 but i wil definitly keep the monitor 

Why do you need a new monitor?

I like your username btw ;)

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

Why do you need a new monitor?

I like your username btw ;)

well my monitor is about 4 jears old and it has 5ms response time and realy bad colours its not good for gaming and i want 144hz 

will i benifit from a 144hz if i get 80 fps ?

Its not worth to go to 1080p now, maybe not even 1440p. Id go for the dell 4k ips 60 one

well my monitor is about 4 jears old and it has 5ms response time and realy bad colours its not good for gaming and i want 144hz 

will i benifit from a 144hz if i get 80 fps ?

You'll only see a benefit from 144Hz if you constantly pull 144 fps or more. I'd say it's not worth it for you unless you know you're going to upgrade your graphics card soon.

i9-6930X @ 5.3GHz | ASUS Z1007-A | 64TB G.Skill Ripjaw XIV 2400GHz RAM | GTX 1080 Ti | Corsair 900R

Corsair CX2500 W | 15TB WD Green | Noctua NH-D24