New Computer SSD and HDD

Derbo
Go to solution Solved by Evil_Cronos,

Did you check the data and power cables were connected properly on both ends?

Did you check in disk management to see if it was recognized there?

Right click My Computer and select "manage"

Find "disk management" on the left and select it

See if your drive appears there and if it does, maybe it needs to be partitioned?

See if that helps.

Hi everyone,

I just built my first computer and I am having issues with the HDD. I have a Asus Z97-A, Intel SSD and WD 2TB Green. My boot drive is the SSD with Windows 7 on it. My problem is that in the BIOS I can see the HDD in the SATA port; however, it was never in the selection area to use as a boot drive, only the SSD and Disc drive was their. In the OS I am not able to see the HDD. What I want to do is have the SSD have my OS and and certain programs/games with all other data and programs going to the HDD. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank yall in advance.

Did you check the data and power cables were connected properly on both ends?

Did you check in disk management to see if it was recognized there?

Right click My Computer and select "manage"

Find "disk management" on the left and select it

See if your drive appears there and if it does, maybe it needs to be partitioned?

See if that helps.

YouTube channel for Let's Plays = EvilCronos13 - Games: Final Fantasy X HD - Grandia II - Xenogears - Star Ocean: Till the End of Time - Final Fantasy X-2 HD - Legend of Dragoon - Xenosaga III

Intel 3770K - Gigabyte z77x-ud3h - 16GB Corsair Vengence LP - GTX 1060 6GB - Corsair Obsidian 650D - OCZ Agility 3 240GB SSD - Seagate Barracuda 2TB - Kingwin Lazer lz-1000 - Dell U2410 UltraSharp - Cooler Master 212+ - Razer Black Widow Ultimate - Razer Imperator - Logitech Z2300 - Sennheiser HD 598SE

It needed to be initialized and setup. Thank you

No probelm. I've been having issues recently with a new install myself and I got help here as well. I wanted to give back. :)

YouTube channel for Let's Plays = EvilCronos13 - Games: Final Fantasy X HD - Grandia II - Xenogears - Star Ocean: Till the End of Time - Final Fantasy X-2 HD - Legend of Dragoon - Xenosaga III

Intel 3770K - Gigabyte z77x-ud3h - 16GB Corsair Vengence LP - GTX 1060 6GB - Corsair Obsidian 650D - OCZ Agility 3 240GB SSD - Seagate Barracuda 2TB - Kingwin Lazer lz-1000 - Dell U2410 UltraSharp - Cooler Master 212+ - Razer Black Widow Ultimate - Razer Imperator - Logitech Z2300 - Sennheiser HD 598SE