cr-95c + ft05 + 970a-g43

spwath

Could a cr-95c fit in my ft05? Right now my TPC 612 touches the front of the case. Would the new cooler not fit?

Mb is 970a-g43

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Why a fanless cooler?

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

Why a fanless cooler?

It would be cool to have a silent computer

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

It would be cool to have a silent computer

Not counting other things like PSU and GPU fans?

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

@spwath What motherboard do you have again?  I'm gonna have to say it will definitely cause you a problem when mounting in your FT05 :(

(I could be absolutely wrong but only one way to find out)

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Not counting other things like PSU and GPU fans?

I would buy fanless PSU, and got GPU cooler

@spwath What motherboard do you have again? I'm gonna have to say it will definitely cause you a problem when mounting in your FT05 :(

That's what I feared, considering my TPC 612 is literally touching the front.

He02 might work...

That's what I feared, considering my TPC 612 is literally touching the front.

He02 might work...

I'd ask if you have the budget for a small AIO but you would picked something equivalently good from Corsair another brand...

I recall Noctua is going to release a heatsink where the heatpipes are shifted upwards over the main cpu area (in Logan's "Get geeky with Noctua video") Not sure if it's out but it's a possibility, that being said not sure whether it can mount towards the ceiling of the case with a 90' rotated motherboard.

Watch 1:25 for image reference.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>