I'm designing a sound-reactive RGB LED Controller that you guys might be interested in.. Can you fill out my survey?

DarkerMorgul

Hi Guys!

For college this year I am hoping to design and produce an RGB LED Controller which actively changes and flashes the LEDs based on whatever sounds are playing on your system. So, in a game if there was an explosion I am hoping to have it flashing red/yellow colours and if, for example, you're listening to quite calm music it might light up blue instead.

Please bare in mind that this is still very early days on this project and it will be complete around May time!

I'm just hoping to justify my idea to my tutor by showing him that there are more saddos like me (no offence intended) who do want to see their computer light up loads of colours!

And please, if anyone has seen anything like this before then let me know what it is! I am aware that there are some kits which just flash to different sounds but I'm hoping for full colour control based on the sound!

Needless to say, this is towards my Electronics Engineering HNC so I'll be adding some code into it and high/low pass filters and frequency to DC convertors and damn am I excited to start coding and designing this thing!!!

Thank you!

I have already posted about this in Case Modding and Other Mods but I wanted a larger discussion on this to allow for a better overall project, so I sincerely apologise for posting twice.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/FWHKJ6Z

CPU: i7 3820; GPU: 2 way MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition; RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 MHz; Mobo: ASRock x79 Extreme 9; SSD: 120GB Samsung 830; Storage: WD Caviar Black 1TB; PSU: 1000W be quiet! Dark Power Pro; Keyboard: Ducky Shine III Year of the Snake Edition, Brown Switches, Green LEDs; Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200.

Done :)

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

Sounds awesome, good luck!

My PC:

4670k      GTX 760 ACX      CoolerMaster Hyper 412s      Fractal Design Node 804      G1 Sniper M5      Corsair RM 650      WD Red 1TB     Samsung 840 Evo 120GB

I can already imagine having something like this. Awesome!

Dell Inspiron 580 - Modified

Build log

Win 7 | GTX 760 | i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz | 2x2Gb 1333MHz Hyundai + 2x2Gb 1333Mhz Crucial RAM | Seagate 1TB 7200RPM | HyperX Fury 120Gb | Corsair Builder 600M | Fractal R2 Mini

Done, if it gets approved you should start a thread to keep us updated.

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

Apology accepted  :P

Have great luck on your endeavor!

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

Hey so my and my brother did something similar to this here's a video of what we did

You probably already know most of this stuff but if it helps here ya go anyway, basically its just an arduino hooked up to a bunch of LED strips. But the program is where the magic happens.

basically it sample audio using the arduino then it performs some math transforms on it (fast fourier transform on it) that gives me data about the frequency spectrum of the music I am playing then I wrote beat detection algorithm to tell the arduino when it detects a beat and every time it detects a beat it displays a new animation or restarts an animation.

Anyway yeah it's definitely a good idea, go for it I'd buy it for sure

Please use http://pcpartpicker.com/ for everybodones sake!

and quote me if you want me to see a reply please :)

pewpewpewphysicslazers!!!

Hey so my and my brother did something similar to this here's a video of what we did
You probably already know most of this stuff but if it helps here ya go anyway, basically its just an arduino hooked up to a bunch of LED strips. But the program is where the magic happens.
basically it sample audio using the arduino then it performs some math transforms on it (fast fourier transform on it) that gives me data about the frequency spectrum of the music I am playing then I wrote beat detection algorithm to tell the arduino when it detects a beat and every time it detects a beat it displays a new animation or restarts an animation.

Anyway yeah it's definitely a good idea, go for it I'd buy it for sure

This is awesome! What sort of audio interface did you use between this and the arduino? I'm using a mbed NXP LPC1768 for my protoyping

CPU: i7 3820; GPU: 2 way MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition; RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 MHz; Mobo: ASRock x79 Extreme 9; SSD: 120GB Samsung 830; Storage: WD Caviar Black 1TB; PSU: 1000W be quiet! Dark Power Pro; Keyboard: Ducky Shine III Year of the Snake Edition, Brown Switches, Green LEDs; Mouse: Mionix Naos 8200.

Same actually, although I think my brother ordered a new one, not sure what it is yet ordering from china takes forever -.- but its way cheaper so yay xD

Please use http://pcpartpicker.com/ for everybodones sake!

and quote me if you want me to see a reply please :)

pewpewpewphysicslazers!!!