PSU Help, thanks!

georgianmar

Sorry to bother, which is the best power supply producer for my pc.

My build:

Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G43

Procssor: Intel i5 3570

Memory: 2x4 gb Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9

HardDrive: 1tb WD EZEX SataIII

Video Card: MSI R7870 Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC

Waiting for your answer, thanks.

Grab an XFX 550W PSU, they are manufactured by SeaSonic who are a reputable brand and can be found for dirt cheap. Another suggestion would be a Rosewill HIVE 550W, it's semi-modular, great quality and can be found for $60 on newegg. 550W will be more than enough to power your system, either PSU will do the job.

I agree to Spite BUT dont ever be sorry of asking a question on this forum!

Best regards Zahlio,
Unity asset developer - Game developer (http://playsurvive.com) - Computer Science student

How much are you planning to spend on the PSU? Newegg reg sells seasonic 750 gold fully modular for $100. They started selling those a month after I got their 650 for $100 =(

For this setup I suggest you a 500 watt power supply from Corsair for example.

You could take this power supply. With this you have enough for your current build and you can maybe upgrade in future: http://www.corsair.com/en/power-supply-units/tx-series-power-supply-units/enthusiast-series-modular-tx550m-80-plus-bronze-certified-550-watt-high-performance-modular-power-supply.html

I have a similar setup with a corsair cx600 and it works fine.

Hmm. Get at least 500W. You can run Xfire with a 650W+OC'd CPU+H100+case fans+HDDs+sound card. Pretty much GL maxing out a 650W PSU with your set up. Remember you want to run a PSU at 70-80% max. Not 40% max, not 95% max.

Another option out there is a Silverstone Strider 650W. Its one of the smallest PSU at this wattage, at a length of 140mm and can be found for $140 on eBay.

Thanks for the promptness of responses. I am from Romania, and can not order on New Egg, because it is expensive to transport here. I wanted to take this (XFX 550W PSU) but not found in Romania, so I have to choose between these:

Cooler Master GX-550W,

Seasonic S12II-520 Bronze 520W

Corsair Builder Series CX600 V2 (I heard they have problems). I have $ 100.

If you know a better one in this money, please tell me.

Sorry for my English.

Thanks for the promptness of responses. I am from Romania' date=' and can not order on New Egg, because it is expensive to transport here. I wanted to take this (XFX 550W PSU) but not found in Romania, so I have to choose between these: Cooler Master GX-550W, Seasonic S12II-520 Bronze 520W Corsair Builder Series CX600 V2 (I heard they have problems). I have $ 100. If you know a better one in this money, please tell me. Sorry for my English. [/quote']

Seasonic are one of the best PSU manufacturers in the world, I would definitely pick the Seasonic.

Thanks for the promptness of responses. I am from Romania, and can not order on New Egg, because it is expensive to transport here. I wanted to take this (XFX 550W PSU) but not found in Romania, so I have to choose between these:

Cooler Master GX-550W,

Sorry for my English.

What are the prices of the Cooler Master and the Seasonic? The Seasonic is better, but the Cooler Master is fine too, so it's not worth spending a lot more on the Seasonic.

Cooler Master GX-550W,

Sorry for my English.

Cooler Master GX-550W, - 120$ (with VAT)

Seasonic S12II-520 Bronze 520W - 130$ (with VAT)

Corsair, XFX, Seasonic, FSP, PCP&C, Super Flower, Enermax (among others) are all good brands. Don't waste you money on anything over 550-600 Watts. PSU's are most efficient when running 60-80% load. Stay away from Cooler Master, Raidmax, Dynex, or anything that came with the case.

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman