Former Apple Executive Fined and imprisoned.

Original Article Here: http://www.overclock3d.net/articles/misc_hardware/former_apple_exec_imprisoned_for_selling_secrets/1

A former Apple executive has been found guilty of selling company information and has been jailed for 1 year and fined $4.5 Million.

Paul S Devine pleaded guilty 3 years ago (2011) for the following offences:

• Conspiracy
  • Fraud
  • Money laundering

Mr Devine was a Global Supply Manager from 2005 up until his arrest (2010). He sold the secrets to Apples manufacturers and suppliers, most of which are located in the South Asia area, notably China, South Korea, Singapore and Taiwan, who then used the secrets to negotiate better deals, while the scheme funnelled millions back to Mr Devine from the suppliers.

Even though the Former Executive pleaded guilty 3 years ago, it has only now been addressed by the courts to settle on an ideal punishment. By pleading guilty, Mr Devine managed to escape from a 20 year sentence 

Mr Devine was sentenced at San Jose Federal Court on Friday the 5th of December 2014.

My thoughts.

He is one lucky person in one respect. He has managed to escape a 20 year sentence (although, lets be honest, he probably would have only served a portion of that) and having to serve only a one year sentence. Slightly less lucky due to the Almost $5 Million he would have to pay, I am assuming, to Apple for the damages caused. 

Your Thoughts, please leave them down below.

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

Apple is so expensive anways and i dont care about them. I am happy that he didnt get too many years in jail 

Not sure what to think about it, and not sure how much money he might have "earned" through this... From a 20 year sentence to a 4.5 million dollar fine... It's a lot of money, but somehow I believe that he have earned several times that during these years... For big companies like apple, and the manufactures they partner with, 4.5m$ are not a lot of money.

I don't really know what to think. 20 years seems waay overkill - 4.5m$ is a lot, but again - not sure if it is a fair judgement.

Sad it took 3 years though...

Everyone have a cool signature. I don't, so I thought I would write something.

- Cool right?

all i can say is thats is a dead siri-ous offence.

c wat i did there

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

I've never understood why people with jobs that most would kill for, go off and do things like this. He's essentially screwed himself out of working for any corporation ever again, even if he didn't get the jail time and fine. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure the money laundering and fraud charges on this scale count as felonies, which will impose some pretty harsh restrictions on his life.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit