Xperia Z2 or Lumia 1020 - Which one?

sof006

Z2 or the Lumia 1020.

Xperia Z2

Lumia 1020

I had the Xperia Z1 in the past but ditched it after a few months due to issues I had. However I have read online and watched multiple reviews to hear that they have fixed the pit falls of the Z1. One of the biggest is the forced screen protector that got really scratched super easily. They ditched that with the Z2 in favour of just having the glass screen with an optional screen protector in the box if you want to use it. The other thing being that they replaced the TFT screen with a IPS screen, such a massive difference.

I want a phone with a decent camera and while I currently love my Nexus 5, the camera isn't what I want sadly. It lacks the features I want and the clarity just isn't there.

So! I am torn between the 1020 and the Z2. The 1020 has a 41MP camera with all the bells and whistles as well, but its downfall is that massive hump on the back whereas the Z2 has a 20.7MP camera with similar features...

I need your help LTT!

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

The Z2 gets front speakers also.

And the forced screen protector can be easily taken off... I did. (On the Z1)

The 1020 has a large MP camera, but takes images slowly and uses a non Exmor (No rear backlight) sensor. 

Also android as an OS is more vast with more applications available. Sony will be getting 5.0 "Early 2015" 

The Z2 is also glass and metal, rather than plastic. I would go for the Z2 mostly for Android. And the superior camera. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

I'm a 1020 user and I absolutely love it, however i'd recommend the newer Nokia Lumia 930 as it has a 20mp camera, but is a lot more sleak without the massive camera hump. Windows phone is a very different OS but still very familiar. The app support isn't actually that bad though. 

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

I'm a 1020 user and I absolutely love it, however i'd recommend the newer Nokia Lumia 930 as it has a 20mp camera, but is a lot more sleak without the massive camera hump. Windows phone is a very different OS but still very familiar. The app support isn't actually that bad though. 

Yea, nokia went with a much better camera, that 40MP was pretty crappy other than the resolution. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Hmm all are some very valid point, also as an avid music lover the stereo speakers would be nice :)

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15