My Friend is looking for a laptop, that can run games decent and isn't too expensive

kyle4ever
Go to solution Solved by Techteen14,

then please tell me where you can get a macbook air for ~ 900$.

post-145931-0-29424800-1418048179.jpg

Not recommending it, but you can get a MBA for $899.

The Acer or Y40/50 are probably your best bets.

Basically, My friend isn't allowed to get a gaming pc, Since he is almost done with his school and he needs a laptop for his next school (Don't know the terms in english).

But he really likes to game, (CS:GO, LoL, Maybe some Heavier games when they come out).

So My question is, Do you guys have any recommendations for a good laptop with a nice price/performance ratio?

Budget: 900$+-

Y50. Best bang for the buck gaming laptop out there.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

MacBook Air :P

(no, like serious)

Edited by tomlambert01

Compatible with Windows 95

Basically, My friend isn't allowed to get a gaming pc, Since he is almost done with his school and he needs a laptop for his next school (Don't know the terms in english).

But he really likes to game, (CS:GO, LoL, Maybe some Heavier games when they come out).

So My question is, Do you guys have any recommendations for a good laptop with a nice price/performance ratio?

Budget: 900$+-

Define decent.

Edit: Also, follow your own thread!

Y50. Best bang for the buck gaming laptop out there.

It's a tad over budget..

Thanks tho.

Define decent.

Edit: Also, follow your own thread!

He wants to be able to play some of the latest games (doesn't have to be on the highest settings, as long as he gets a stable fps)

And a nice display maybe.

BTW, Thanks for the follow tip, did not know about this.

you are kidding right?

What's wrong with it?

He needs one for school, what's better than one that he can actually carry around with him to do stuff on. A gaming laptop has practically zero portability, which is why they are not truly mobile. Lighter laptops are infinitely better than these bulky 'Gaming' ones. Besides, the graphics in the air are pretty good.

Compatible with Windows 95

What's wrong with it?

He needs one for school, what's better than one that he can actually carry around with him to do stuff on. A gaming laptop has practically zero portability, which is why they are not ruly mobile. Lighter laptops are infinitely better than these bulky 'Gaming' ones. Besides, the graphics in the air are pretty good.

I don't have any arguments against you, But he dislikes the mac software so..

sysProfile

FEEL FREE TO CLICK ABOVE

I don't have any arguments against you, But he dislikes the mac software so..

Well you don't have to use Mac software, but if he has something against OSX then I'd say it's doomed to fail.

Well you don't have to use Mac software, but if he has something against OSX then I'd say it's doomed to fail.

Also, probably the school he's going to will use Windows. So I think it would also be better if it's gonna be a windows pc.

Also, probably the school he's going to will use Windows. So I think it would also be better if it's gonna be a windows pc.

He can learn both, it's not an issue unless you want it to be. What do you mean heavier games? Assassin's Creed, battlefield, COD?

He can learn both, it's not an issue unless you want it to be. What do you mean heavier games? Assassin's Creed, battlefield, COD?

GTA, Farcry, and maybe the games you mentioned. 

Acer Aspire V15 Nitro

15,6"

Intel Core i5-4210U

8GB RAM 1600MHz

500GB SSHD

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M 4GB GDDR3

Would this be a good notebook? for 1000$

The lenovo Y50 is 1200$ over here, so it's too expensive

MacBook Air :P

(no, like serious)

oh my god dude

Acer Aspire V15 Nitro

15,6"

Intel Core i5-4210U

8GB RAM 1600MHz

500GB SSHD

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M 4GB GDDR3

Would this be a good notebook? for 1000$

The lenovo Y50 is 1200$ over here, so it's too expensive

That's pretty good for $1000. How expensive is the Lenovo Y40 where you are?

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

oh my god dude

That's pretty good for $1000. How expensive is the Lenovo Y40 where you are?

It's not available..

It's not available..

Where are you looking to buy the laptop from? Do they have a website we could look around on?

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/ Just enter the product name in the search thingy in the top.

Yeah honestly that Acer you listed earlier would probably be the best choice in terms of performance for the money. Assuming that $1000 means around 820 Euros on that site.

Yeah honestly that Acer you listed earlier would probably be the best choice in terms of performance for the money. Assuming that $1000 means around 820 Euros on that site.

Its without shipping and stuff it comes to a total of 850 EUR, it's around 1000$. And I heard the screen of the Y50 is really bad. Is the GPU a lot better at the Y50?

Its without shipping and stuff it comes to a total of 850 EUR, it's around 1000$. And I heard the screen of the Y50 is really bad. Is the GPU a lot better at the Y50?

The Y50 GPU is better then the one on the Y40

post-145931-0-29424800-1418048179.jpg

Not recommending it, but you can get a MBA for $899.

The Acer or Y40/50 are probably your best bets.

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650