Server computer

Hey guys!

Just wanted to ask on how to go around building a server computer

Functions:
-Teamspeak 3 server
-Various games including CSGO, gmod etc
[Not sure what else i would use it for, but if you have any suggestions that would be great]

Budget: No idea but optimally as cheap as possible, not intending to run anything over the top, just something personal for my group of friends.

Others:
Do i have i run linux on it? I was thinking more of using windows and just opening the application, like for example Teamspeak 3 server client on windows so on and so on.
Would be best to be (obviously) as power efficient as possible

Completely no idea how do something like this so any other tips would be great! 

Thanks!

What?

Do i have i run linux on it? I was thinking more of using windows and just opening the application, like for example Teamspeak 3 server client on windows so on and so on.

Would be best to be (obviously) as power efficient as possible

You don't have to run linux, you could run normal windows on it and still use it as a server, I myself would like to run windows server 2012 for hosting servers.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

You don't have to run linux, you could run normal windows on it and still use it as a server, I myself would like to run windows server 2012 for hosting servers.

Except if you rent a server with windows is much much more expensive

Except if you rent a server with windows is much much more expensive

He isn't talking about renting a server, he is talking about building one.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

He isn't talking about renting a server, he is talking about building one.

If all he in hosting is a TS server and a CS:GO/GMod server renting one is a better choice. If he already had the hardware lying around and he has a good connection and is in a good location then it would be a different story

If all he in hosting is a TS server and a CS:GO/GMod server renting one is a better choice. If he already had the hardware lying around and he has a good connection and is in a good location then it would be a different story

I have the connection for sure. Renting such game servers all in all may be cheaper true, but its annoying with the admins hard to find if anything does happen. The main issue is that getting such servers here in Singapore are difficult to find and if so usually full of other kinds of rubbish like ads, crazy server admins that are toxic as hell and so on. 

What?

I have the connection for sure. Renting such game servers all in all may be cheaper true, but its annoying with the admins hard to find if anything does happen. The main issue is that getting such servers here in Singapore are difficult to find and if so usually full of other kinds of rubbish like ads, crazy server admins that are toxic as hell and so on. 

Thats why you rent your own server and pick the admins? You could just rent servers from Vilayer or NFOServers.

Thats why you rent your own server and pick the admins? You could just rent servers from Vilayer or NFOServers

NFO dosent seem to provide services locally, ping test to Vilayer SG servers are 870ms wtf?

Anyway, can you provide me a cost ratio versus building one? Getting the cheapest dedicated server annually is like 600 euros and no servers for that range are located in Singapore.

Also, local server provider oneasiagamer does provide servers but again its like 200 dollars USD a month. Their game servers are relatively cheap but again only for select games. I have bought one csgo server from them, its somewhat prone to issues now and then also

What?

try to go with a pentium g3220, those are awesome little server chips

or get this:    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157475

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro.