asus gtx 980 stix performance issues

Th3Brofessiona1

my friend has an asus gtx 980 strix card, and hes isnt getting the performance that he should be compaired to my other fried that has a gtx 980, his spec are, asus m5a99xevo r2.0.fe 8320 at 3.5, 8gb ram,asus gtx 980 strix, corsair cx 500,ssd and 2 hard drive, any idea what the problem could be

Main Rig: i7 4770k @ 4.2Ghz, sabertooth z87, Gtx 980, hx 750 ,16gb vengeance pro, 120gb kingston ssd, 3tb segate

Sounds like thermal throttling.

Please give us the temps he gets during a gaming session (preferably one that maxes out the card).

Is he using GPU Boost?

Sig under construction.

Sounds like thermal throttling.

Please give us the temps he gets during a gaming session (preferably one that maxes out the card).

Is he using GPU Boost?

GPU Boost cannot be disabled without modified firmware. Annoying I know.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

i dont remember the temps but it way not over heading for sure , he was even gaming with the gpu fans maxed out to see if that was the issue and nothing

Main Rig: i7 4770k @ 4.2Ghz, sabertooth z87, Gtx 980, hx 750 ,16gb vengeance pro, 120gb kingston ssd, 3tb segate

GPU Boost cannot be disabled without modified firmware. Annoying I know.

Now that's something I didn't know. 

i dont remember the temps but it way not over heading for sure , he was even gaming with the gpu fans maxed out to see if that was the issue and nothing

Maybe your friend has lost the silicon lottery.

What games does your friend play? It seems like the 8320 could be restricting it if he's playing games that don't take advantage of threading well.

Sig under construction.

the first game he tried was bf4 and when we but his card in my other friends pc with an i7 if ran fine, so would it his 8320 then

the first game he tried was bf4 and when we but his card in my other friends pc with an i7 if ran fine, so would it his 8320 then

Seems pretty likely, but there's not really enough proof for it.

Sig under construction.

my old 8320 was bottlenecked by a 780ti but i hear ocing the chip should help. Mine was a dude so I couldn't overclock it without it going haywire.