Motorola Droid Turbo

asimrc

Hi Guys 

I am from Australia and have been thinking of upgrading the Samsung Galaxy S4 to the Motorola Droid Turbo. S4 is starting to get very slow and annoying have reset it a few times. But I think its time to let it go.

I can pickup a Motorola Droid Turbo of ebay US for around $700 USD. I have never bought a phone from overseas. Any issues i should be concerned about?

Is it easy to unlock from verizon so i can use a random carrier here in Auz?

Hi Guys 

I am from Australia and have been thinking of upgrading the Samsung Galaxy S4 to the Motorola Droid Turbo. S4 is starting to get very slow and annoying have reset it a few times. But I think its time to let it go.

I can pickup a Motorola Droid Turbo of ebay US for around $700 USD. I have never bought a phone from overseas. Any issues i should be concerned about?

Is it easy to unlock from verizon so i can use a random carrier here in Auz?

I didn't know this, but apparently Verizon phones come unlocked from the factory, they just have a bunch of crapware installed from Verizon. I would personally hold out for a Moto Maxx(basically the same phone, just without the Verizon branding and preinstalled apps), but I can understand wanting to upgrade. Here is a article I found on the process of using the Turbo on a GSM network: http://theunlockr.com/2014/11/03/how-to-use-the-motorola-droid-turbo-on-other-carriers-video/

Since you are buying the phone from eBay, you can skip to part 2.

I didn't know this, but apparently Verizon phones come unlocked from the factory, they just have a bunch of crapware installed from Verizon. I would personally hold out for a Moto Maxx(basically the same phone, just without the Verizon branding and preinstalled apps), but I can understand wanting to upgrade. Here is a article I found on the process of using the Turbo on a GSM network: http://theunlockr.com/2014/11/03/how-to-use-the-motorola-droid-turbo-on-other-carriers-video/

Since you are buying the phone from eBay, you can skip to part 2.

Thanks

Does anyone know if there is a way to skip activating it on Verizon? Mom wants to get me one for Christmas but refuses to use eBay. (She fears the sellers will not deliver a reliable product and I can't talk her out of it) I live in the US but I'm on AT&T. Any help would be greatly appreciated!