dual booting W7 and ubuntu? will it screw over the bootloader?

I want to instal Ubuntu 13.04 along side windows 7 and was wondering if it would screw up the bootloader to where i cant boot windows or if i decide to delete the ubuntu partition will it delete the bootloader all together? thanks c:

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

use a program called 'easyBCD' it edits and creates bootloaders and you can still boot into win7 with it after the ubuntu partition is deleted then you can turn off the bootloader screen in easyBCD so its like ubuntu was never there if you decide to uninstall

MoBo: GA-z77x-ud3h CPU: 2500K @ 3.1 (miss my h80) Cooler: Stock GPU: EVGA 780 ACX RAM: 8gb G.skill SSDs: 2X Sammy 120EVOs HDDs: 2x Seagate Barracudas PSU: Corsair RM750 Case: Blue NZXT H440

Ubuntu installs Grub2 boot loader that gives you the option to boot ubuntu or windows, it normally works

without problems, if you delete ubuntu later you need to reinstall windows bootloader, but you can

fix that with windows cd.

here's a bit info how to do that

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/32523/how-to-manually-repair-windows-7-boot-loader-problems/

As said earlier Ubuntu will install the Grub2 boot loader to boot into either OS, on startup you are greeted with an option for either OS, If wanted to remove the Ubuntu partition you will need to repair the Windows boot loader, to do that just follow the link here,

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/32523/how-to-manually-repair-windows-7-boot-loader-problems/

It is the same as NaftaLord's link because there is no need to find another one, the information is all there.

Nathan

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

Usually it goes fine, if not the above is good for fixing the windows side, and the package below is good on the linux side, when ran from a live image (in my experience for fixing grub, especially on uefi systems).

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Boot-Repair

nah it wont screw it up. I have a computer with W7 and Ubuntu on dual boot. Its fine.

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

Best thing would be to keep them in separate hard drivers, so if you decide to get rid of ubuntu, then the windows partition wont even notice, but if you install ubuntu and windows in the same drive, ubuntun will install GRUB on the same HDD as Windows obviously and this can cause later problems if you wanna get rid of GRUB.

So, basically my advice is, if you can install them in separate drivers, if not, you will have to read a bit if you decide to get rid of ubuntu and grub, but dont worry, it is a very simple process with the windows cd/dvd.

Mobo: Asus Maximus Impact VI Processor: Intel 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.22Vlts Memory: 2x8 GB DDR3 1866Mhz GSkill Sniper

VGA: Sapphire HD 7970 3GB OC Audio: Asus Impact Supreme FX SSD: Mushkin Chronos 120GB HDD: WD Black 500GB

Power Supply: Coolermaster V650 Semi Modular Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i

Best thing would be to keep them in separate hard drivers, so if you decide to get rid of ubuntu, then the windows partition wont even notice, but if you install ubuntu and windows in the same drive, ubuntun will install GRUB on the same HDD as Windows obviously and this can cause later problems if you wanna get rid of GRUB.

So, basically my advice is, if you can install them in separate drivers, if not, you will have to read a bit if you decide to get rid of ubuntu and grub, but dont worry, it is a very simple process with the windows cd/dvd.

I was going to install ubuntu to my hdd, W7 is on the ssd

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015