Did I harm my computer ?

I bought a new PC with an 600 VA UPS for back up. To check if my UPS has enough juice to back my PC during power failures, I switched of my mains while browsing and my PC continued to run as my UPS kicked in. A few hours later was playin NFS Rivals on max and all of a sudden there was an actual power failure and this time my PC died instantly as if there was no UPS, after which it restarted on its own with a message saying "Asus anti surge protection triggered due to an unstable PSU". I am really worried that I damaged my PC... What could be the solution

My Spec:

AMD FX 6300

Sapphire R9 270x

Asus M5A78L/M USB 3.0

Corsair Vengeance 8 GB

Seagate Barracuda 1 TB

Corsair VS 550 W PSU

turn the psu off (switch in the back) the plug the computer straight in the wall. Check it and see. If your computer isn't damaged, it wont be. And if its already, well nothing some more electricity wont hurt.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

Well you could just change the theme...

Why should we have to?

I can use white text and have it not be seen easily by people on the day theme.

The text is set to automatic for a reason if your going to change it at least choose something other then white or black.

As for the actual reason for this thread...

I wouldn't like to say, although I would just try without the UPS and then if it still showed up I would change the PSU.

My Rig : Zotac 780 3GB, i5 4670k, H105, M1211 650W, 8GB 2133mhz vengence pro, Mini R2, 144Hz AOC Gsync Monitor

Accessories : K65, Naos 3200, Superlux 681, Chord CCU1

Why should we have to?

I can use white text and have it not be seen easily by people on the day theme.

The text is set to automatic for a reason if your going to change it at least choose something other then white or black.

As for the actual reason for this thread...

I wouldn't like to say, although I would just try without the UPS and then if it still showed up I would change the PSU.

Why should I? as @minicale said, auto will make everyone happy.

Just in this case... instead of like bashing and everything just change the theme for one post...

Just in this case... instead of like bashing and everything just change the theme for one post...

Change the theme for one post? I hope you realize how ridiculous you sound.

2months ago I experienced fluctuation, it killed my PSU. I also plan to buy a UPS, but I'm not sure what to get. Is the 600VA UPS not enough?

i5 4690k @ 3.5Ghz | Stock Cooler :/ | ECS Gank Machine Z87H3-A2X EXTREME | Gskill RipjawsX 8GB 1600Mhz | MSI GTX 960 100th ME 2GB | Samsung 840 Evo 120GB | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Seasonic m12ii evo 750W | Razer Modded Phantom 410

Change the theme for one post? I hope you realize how ridiculous you sound.

Well I don't see how moving your mouse to the bottom left then clicking 2 times to change a theme is ridiculous.

Well I don't see how moving your mouse to the bottom left then clicking 2 times to change a theme is ridiculous.

I just could just highlight the text which is a lot easier, and far less hurting the eyes than a horrible white background. It's about the principle, why not make the post so that they can avoid making hundreds of people go through something they don't want to? You only say this because you don't have the inconvenience so your opinions don't mean much in this matter.

I just could just highlight the text which is a lot easier, and far less hurting the eyes than a horrible white background. It's not the principle, why not make the post so that they can avoid making hundreds of people go through something they don't want to? You only say this because you don't have the inconvenience so your opinions don't mean much in this matter.

Alright then, problem solved, highlight the text when someone does this.