Audio Technica AD700X vs. AD900X

rdeng2614

Any noticeable difference between the two? I will be listening to music mostly.

Are they comfortable?

If they aren't that good, any other good open back options under 150$?

Thanks

Akg k612 is another option. It has a bit smaller soundstage, but more bass than the audio technicas

They're like 150 on Amazon.

There's not really a different between the 500/700/900 really. Small differences but not ones worth spending extra money imo.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

The 700x makes the most sense if you want to get the best bang for your buck.  There's little difference between it and the 900x, but some discernable difference between it and the 500x.  The actually driver doesn't change until the 1000x so any of them are great.  Also the 3D wing thing is not going to be for everyone, and IMO if you need the elastic band trick to wear these headphones, you should probably look at something else.

But buy Audio Technica! :3

<-- Audio Technica fanboy

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

The 700x makes the most sense if you want to get the best bang for your buck.  There's little difference between it and the 900x, but some discernable difference between it and the 500x. 

I didn't notice any difference between a 500X and 700X I owned. Even if there is a tiny difference, $50 doesn't make much sense to waste on such a small change.

Probably not a lot of differences, which is more or less like HD558 and HD598

If you like a bright sounding headphone, AD700X or AD900X will be good choices, it has a pretty good sparkle on the treble side

If you're a treble head (basically just accoustic music with no bass all day long :P) consider getting Grado SR125i / SR125e, little bass super sparkly and bright treble -> people either love or hate grado (i hate them, my dad loves them)

For more "balanced" sounding headphone, HD558 / 598 or the AKG Q701

Note:

1. For Grado and AKG, they would be $150 second hand, don't worry about buying second hand headphone. You can people selling them in head-fi forum

2. For AKG, amp-ing is almost a must unless you have a beastly on-board audio. It might be a 60 ohm headphone, but damn it's inefficient as hell. 

I didn't notice any difference between a 500X and 700X I owned. Even if there is a tiny difference, $50 doesn't make much sense to waste on such a small change.

But dat cable doe /s

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

The 700x makes the most sense if you want to get the best bang for your buck.  There's little difference between it and the 900x, but some discernable difference between it and the 500x.  The actually driver doesn't change until the 1000x so any of them are great.  Also the 3D wing thing is not going to be for everyone, and IMO if you need the elastic band trick to wear these headphones, you should probably look at something else.

But buy Audio Technica! :3

<-- Audio Technica fanboy

off topic but I like your pic :33

I love AD too. I've had my AD700 for nearly five years now.

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give tacos ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Poker 2 KB Review

The 700x's and the 900'x are comfortable?

Also, is their elastic headband design durable?

Thanks.

Probably going to choose between one of them as they seem to be really good for the sub 150$ price tag.