graphics accelerator

sanjay robin

i have been using a old sony via laptop decent config for its time 

500hdd

4gb ram

1gb graphicks ect

but needed more i bought a mac as well which has thunderbolt me being a biomedical student did a little research and hooked up a nvedia 2gb graphics card on a motherboard with thunderbolt and it actually worked upgraded the ram and made the ram 16gigs and know i can game conveniently needed help because it has been showing some framerate drops not something too big but noticable any suggestions

what graphics card are you using exactly? there are a lot of 2gb Nvidia cards

Ill tell you from first hand experience macbooks are not good for gaming at all. I own a late 2013 model 15" retina macbook pro with a Nvidia GTX 750m 2gb GPU as my discrete card and graphically it can handle gaming on medium settings just fine but the computer itself runs way to hot even with a cooling mat and running a fan control app called SMCfancontrol which allows you to ramp up the internal fans from their stock 2600rpms up to their maximum of 6150rpms which i do not recommend running on maximum since the fans are only rated for a max of 4500rpm so running on the highest level will greatly reduce their lifespan. But even at max the temps of the laptop go way out of control when playing anything beyond games like Hearthstone or Hex and causes severe lag due to heat. It would probably be best to build a desktop just for gaming since macs are better suited to 3d modeling/rendering, photoshop, and other types of office work.

There is this thing known as grammar.

This.  Proofreading, punctuation and grammar are wonderful things.

"Since the Internet is almost diametrically opposed to the notion of Quality Control, in recent years it's been a lot easier to just assume everything's s**t until it can prove itself otherwise".  Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw (2008)