AM3+ Micro ATX Motherboard Suggestions

I  have some plans to downsize from from my CM Storm Scout 2 to a Node 804 and was going to make the switch from an 8320 to a 4690K but sticking with AMD saves me from also buying a new CPU. I think I found a good micro atx board from ASUS but I'd prefer Sata 6 over USB 3.0 because as far as I've seen, there's no micro atx AM3+ boards with both. Has anyone had experience with any? Thanks

ASUS Board http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-m5a78lmusb3

You'll need to buy a new CPU anyway as no mATX board is capable of running the 83x0 series.

Just spend the money and go to Intel; you won't regret doing that.

problem with the mATX AMD mobos is they use crappy uncooled VRMs and chipsets

they cannot support the FX8320 without the VRMs cooking off and causing the performance drop

the minimum chipset to use is the 970

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

That link doesn't work, but it says A78 in it so I assume it's FM2 socket and won't match an 8320.

My experience with AM3+ motherboards is that the Sabertooth Rev 2.0 and one of the Gigabyte boards I can never seem to remember the name of, are the only ones I'd touch with a bargepole, it's a platform bereft with trouble. They're both ATX, so I guess I'm saying 'good luck' as useless as that might be.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

That link doesn't work, but it says A78 in it so I assume it's FM2 socket and won't match an 8320.

My experience with AM3+ motherboards is that the Sabertooth Rev 2.0 and one of the Gigabyte boards I can never seem to remember the name of, are the only ones I'd touch with a bargepole, it's a platform bereft with trouble. They're both ATX, so I guess I'm saying 'good luck' as useless as that might be.

its the AM3+ 780G

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

I  have some plans to downsize from from my CM Storm Scout 2 to a Node 804 and was going to make the switch from an 8320 to a 4690K but sticking with AMD saves me from also buying a new CPU. I think I found a good micro atx board from ASUS but I'd prefer Sata 6 over USB 3.0 because as far as I've seen, there's no micro atx AM3+ boards with both. Has anyone had experience with any? Thanks

ASUS Board http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-motherboard-m5a78lmusb3

There is no mATX motherboard that can safely power an FX8.  Even at stock settings it is not recommended, and forget overclocking.

If you want a small form factor, you need to go Intel.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

better go for the intel one but the msi ones i think have em

I didn't know what to put here...

Doing some reading around, seems people say that Asus board could run the 8320, but that you really have to make sure there is enough air flow for the VRMs. I'd say if you had a case that you could mount a fan that is close to pointing at the VRMs and/or have a powerful down blowing cooler you should be fine with the 8320.

I have a 8350 running in a...

http://www.gigabyte.com.au/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3900#ov

Looking at that board vs the Asus one you linked, the VRMs are both missing heat sinks. I just have a good airflow that makes sure the heat is being carried away.

But how others have said, don't over clock :P