Serious Headphone

almoskosz

Ok, i know what you're thinking! ,,This guy again! -.-'' he made like a metric ton of topics already always asking for other staff'' I know, but i am the one that has to make these! And it's at least as ankward as aswering me :)

So what now i'm looking for and this is probably the last topic i am starting for a time: I need a Headphone at around 500 max. for Music creation, i want them to sound at least as good as a pair of cans can in that price range. And also: comfort, as always. No other serious recommendations. I want them to sound good for instrumental music and other electronic like dubstep as well. I mean, a headphone this expensive should sound good at anything you throw at it but yea. I'm planning on buying a DAC, AMP only if needed, so if it's needed, then please don't go over 90$. Also if i buy one i only will if it has real quality. Metal housing, sound adjustment...

If you want a refetence sounding open headphone, consider the shure srh1840.

Other general recommendations include akg k702/701, sennheiser hd600/650, beyerdynamic dt990 premium, hifiman he400 and a metric butt-ton of other headphones.

For amp, you can get schiit magni they're really good at driving many 300 ohm headphones even like hd800 and audezes or O2 amp, both costs $100. Just dont try to skimp out amp on a 300 ohm headphones, it's like running a ferrari with tires from cheapo cars

Sennheiser hd 650s are nice, but aren't as good for making music because of the sound signature.

Hmm there's also the little less dark HD600 which is a bit cheaper.

If you want a refetence sounding open headphone, consider the shure srh1840.

Other general recommendations include akg k702/701, sennheiser hd600/650, beyerdynamic dt990 premium, hifiman he400 and a metric butt-ton of other headphones.

For amp, you can get schiit magni they're really good at driving many 300 ohm headphones even like hd800 and audezes or O2 amp, both costs $100. Just dont try to skimp out amp on a 300 ohm headphones, it's like running a ferrari with tires from cheapo cars

If IIRC the DT770/880/990s are not neutral at all.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

For music creation, I recommend a Beyerdynamic, mostly so you don't make the track too hot. DT880 has neutral bass and mids so you don't undermix the bass on derbsterp. Good thing is, the pro models are cheap, so you can splurge a bit more on the DAC/amp - an ODAC-O2 combo is fairly neutral. They'd probably work great on an audio interface as well if you've planning on getting a Mic at all.

@dark_wizzie which is why i recommend shure srh1840 or 1440 for reference sounding headphone

Ok, i know what you're thinking! ,,This guy again! -.-'' he made like a metric ton of topics already always asking for other staff'' I know, but i am the one that has to make these! And it's at least as ankward as aswering me :)

So what now i'm looking for and this is probably the last topic i am starting for a time: I need a Headphone at around 500 max. for Music creation, i want them to sound at least as good as a pair of cans can in that price range. And also: comfort, as always. No other serious recommendations. I want them to sound good for instrumental music and other electronic like dubstep as well. I mean, a headphone this expensive should sound good at anything you throw at it but yea. I'm planning on buying a DAC, AMP only if needed, so if it's needed, then please don't go over 90$. Also if i buy one i only will if it has real quality. Metal housing, sound adjustment...

Just buy the Tackstar Hi 2050 for 40$ and buy a 100 dollar headphone amp...this will be beat any headphone under 200$

Spending more on an amp/dac than your headphone is not-done. Get a proper headphone with a xonar dgx if you want an amp.

How about beyer t90?

Is it any good?

Yes it's good, but their higher end stuff largely sounds the same as the lower end stuff. You'd basically be paying for better performance you can't necessarily hear, nicer build quality, and potentially better comfort.