Heat sink mount is reversed?

RayDontPlay

WARNING: i am a forums noob!!

I bought a server motherboard off ebay last week to replace a motherboard that died. Its an older LGA 1366 Dell server board that i got for 50 bucks. (idk exact model) Idk where to find it either iv looked everywhere.. these server boards are so different than consumer grade.. anyway my problem is the backplate has a completely different mounting mechanism for the head sink. instead of being threaded like normal lga 1366 back plate it has a threaded prong sticking up instead.. please help and if i forgot important info please ask as i will give any info i can. I wish i had the exact model of the motherboard as that would make things much easier. So frustrated :(

post-120159-0-77995700-1417474253_thumb.

post-120159-0-44783500-1417474268_thumb.

post-120159-0-69048800-1417474280_thumb.

you'll have to remove the pre-attached backplate and get a proper 1366 one, did one come with the cpu-cooler?

"Anything that makes a console more like a PC, makes it better" 

-Linus Sebastian

with 1366 you cannot remove the back plate. its attached to the socket. And the new mobo didnt come with a heat sink.

You screw in the heatsink unlike 1150

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.