what tablet should i get?

Its the holiday season and i was wanting to get a tablet. I was thinking about the nexus 8 or nvidia shield table. Both are excellent tablets. I couldn't decide which one. I am not wanting to spent too much $400 usd max. The features i want in a tablet are front facing speakers, 1080p display, and close to stock android. I am liking the nvidia more because of pricing. Which one should I get? any other suggestions? 

Thanks

Yep, the SHEILD.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

I own the Nexus 9 and I absolutely love it, it just ties in perfectly with my Google account and my Nexus 5. Not to say the Nvidia Shield Tablet can't do that either. It depends, because are you going to use the extra gaming features that the Shield wields (Pun Intended :P), or do you want just a media consumption tablet for general use, because both can do media consumption, but only the Shield can do the gaming features it's mainly sold for. The Shield is also smaller, both have front-facing speakers. Although the Nexus 9 has a slightly higher than 1080P res but it's 4:3, although I've encountered no problems yet in Android with the odd aspect ratio. The Nexus 9 also has the Denver 64-Bit version of the Tegra K1, as opposed to the Quad-Core Cortex in the SHIELD. The Nexus 9 has a higher megapixel count, but in my experience, the camera is meh at best. One thing to note as well, is that the SHIELD has an SD Card slot, some people value that a lot and I can see why.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Let me ruin the party here: iPad Mini 2...

It is really cheap now and the exact same as the third gen, except for TouchID...

But it depends on what you do...Are you going to use the gaming features of the SHIELD? If yes, go for that... If you don't want an iPad, then that is understandable too.

Owner of a top of the line 13" MacBook Pro with Retina Display (Dual Boot OS X El Capitan & Win 10):
Core i7-4558U @ 3.2GHz II Intel Iris @ 1200MHz II 1TB Apple/Samsung SSD II 16 GB RAM @ 1600MHz