HIFIMAN

almoskosz

I am going to buy a Hifiman! except if you offered me a better planar magnet headphone at 500 big ones. 

If you have any experience with Hifiman, please tell me, which one should i get at 500$?

• HE-400i
  • HE-500
  • HE-4

Also, i am not planning on buying an AMP at the start. What i really want to know is which one of these will sound best?

I am going to buy a Hifiman! except if you offered me a better planar magnet headphone at 500 big ones. 

If you have any experience with Hifiman, please tell me, which one should i get at 500$?

• HE-400i
  • HE-500
  • HE-4

Also, i am not planning on buying an AMP at the start. What i really want to know is which one of these will sound best?

The one that's the closest to your budget.

Also, you're kinda crazy if you're thinking of using HE-4 without an external amp....

• HE-400i
  • HE-500
  • HE-4

Get the HE-500. The headband is more comfortable and they come with velour ear pads. At $500 for all three, I'd choose the HE-500.

He-400i is quite a bit more comfortable apparently, lighter + better fit.

I've had the HE-500, it was alright comfort wise, but they have new pads now that are supposed to help quite a bit.  You can buy them from Hifiman's site for $30 for the pair.  (Called the Focus Pads)

I liked the He-500's sound overall, pretty neutral sounding IMO.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I've had the HE-500, it was alright comfort wise, but they have new pads now that are supposed to help quite a bit.  You can buy them from Hifiman's site for $30 for the pair.  (Called the Focus Pads)

Thanks, :) i think i'm going to get the 400i because i haven't read but superb reviews :) and it can be driven without an amp as well, correct me if i'm wrong :)

Thanks, :) i think i'm going to get the 400i because i haven't read but superb reviews :) and it can be driven without an amp as well, correct me if i'm wrong :)

If you're not going for extra loud, it's adequate. I found the HE400 to be able to output just adequate volume from ipad 3 with max volume. No more extra volume to go over.

I've had the HE-500, it was alright comfort wise, but they have new pads now that are supposed to help quite a bit. You can buy them from Hifiman's site for $30 for the pair. (Called the Focus Pads)

Do you know what the bass on the 400i is like? Does it have a punch?