RAID 0 Configuration

TheLunarHero

I have 3 Hard Drives

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E3W1726/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1      x2

(Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD)

http://www.amazon.com/WD-Blue-Desktop-Hard-Drive/dp/B0088PUEPK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417133601&sr=8-1&keywords=WD+1+TB+Blue       x1

(WD Blue 1TB)

I'm going to be performing a clean Windows install on the SSD's and I'd like to put them in RAID 0. (I'm just a gamer so I don't have any sensitive data to be lost, it can all be redownloaded.)

Is it possible to have these 2 drives running in RAID 0 and the mechanical drive just off on its own holding my massive Steam library?

I plan on using the bios of my motherboard to configure the RAID because that's the only way I know how.

As you can tell, I'm a noob when it comes to hard drive configurations but I'd like to unlock maximum potential of those 2 new SSD's and I thought RAID was the way to go.

I guess my questions are, Will it work? What's the best way to configure it? (Hardware, Software, etc.) And lastly, any tips for me? 

Thanks much!

Yes it is; unplug the hard drive and then go into the BIOS, set the SATA controller mode to RAID, then simply shove the two drives into RAID (will be in storage settings). Then, install Windows and plug your HDD back in.

Compatible with Windows 95

Yes it is; unplug the hard drive and then go into the BIOS, set the SATA controller mode to RAID, then simply shove the two drives into RAID (will be in storage settings). Then, install Windows and plug your HDD back in.

Why unplug the hard drive? There is no reason to.

It's easier to discern which one is which. I know it's pretty simple, but it just means less error imo.

Compatible with Windows 95

You'd be surprised how often Windows installs the boot sector on another disk.  And if that disk ever dies or is removed from the PC, it won't boot anymore.  That's why a lot of people here prefer to unplug all other disks when installing Windows.

You'd be surprised how often Windows installs the boot sector on another disk.  And if that disk ever dies or is removed from the PC, it won't boot anymore.  That's why a lot of people here prefer to unplug all other disks when installing Windows.

That is 100% user error/misconfiguration. It isnt some random occurance.