gta 4 graphics glitch

Killswitch49
Go to solution Solved by leelaa14,

i did that but it still says 1 have 3gb of vramwhen i have 4 and i still cant turn up the settings

Try putting - before the command so for example, it would look like this (with 4gb vram) also just noticed i have an extra command in my options. Just copy  my commands including the spaces and paste into your launch options. (delete the previous commands.

-nomemrestrict -norestrictions   -availablevidmem 4.0

Now also something else to try, go to your gta iv installation folder. For me it is. programe files (86)/steam/steam apps/common/grand theft auto iv/gtaiv

In this folder create a new txt called commandline.txt and paste the same commands in there, one below the other.

I always knew that gta 4 had a terrible port but i didn't think it could be this bad. since it was on sale i bought all the GTA's as i love gta 5 on 360. Now i cant even turn up any of my settings. My resolution is stuck at 800 x 600!!!!. It says i have inadequate hardware but my specs (inked below) are allot higher than average. Uggghhhh. Do you know ow to fix? Thx http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/Killswitch49/saved/mMzp99

i5 4670k / Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 / Asus Maximus vi hero lga 1150 mobo / Sapphire tri-x r9 290 OC edition / corsair vengeance pro red 4 x 4 gb 2133mhz cas 9 ram kit / nzxt phantom 530 black / 120gb samsung 840 evo ssd / 240 gb ocz arc 100 ssd / 2x 1tb WD Blue / Cooler Master v850 modular psu / corsair k70 rgb cherry mx Brown / mad catz rat 5 laser mouse / windows 10

I always knew that gta 4 had a terrible port but i didn't think it could be this bad. since it was on sale i bought all the GTA's as i love gta 5 on 360. Now i cant even turn up any of my settings. My resolution is stuck at 800 x 600!!!!. It says i have inadequate hardware but my specs (inked below) are allot higher than average. Uggghhhh. Do you know ow to fix? Thx http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/Killswitch49/saved/mMzp99

Is it the latest patch of the game? On the original DVD install I also had mine stuck at 800x600, but patching it fixed it.

"Rawr XD"

Is it the latest patch of the game? On the original DVD install I also had mine stuck at 800x600, but patching it fixed it.

on steam so i think its latest patch.

i5 4670k / Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3 / Asus Maximus vi hero lga 1150 mobo / Sapphire tri-x r9 290 OC edition / corsair vengeance pro red 4 x 4 gb 2133mhz cas 9 ram kit / nzxt phantom 530 black / 120gb samsung 840 evo ssd / 240 gb ocz arc 100 ssd / 2x 1tb WD Blue / Cooler Master v850 modular psu / corsair k70 rgb cherry mx Brown / mad catz rat 5 laser mouse / windows 10

try pcgamingwiki.com maybe there is a something on the topic

i ca help

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

If you are using steam then do the following, Open steam, go to libary and right click gta iv. Next go to properties on the first tab there will be a "set launch options" select that.
Now in the box type. "norestrictions" without quotes. Also if the game is showing you have less vram than what you actually have then also in the set launch options put "availablevidmem x.x" example i have 4gb so i put availablevidmem 4.0 and then apply and play your game.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

If you are using steam then do the following, Open steam, go to libary and right click gta iv. Next go to properties on the first tab there will be a "set launch options" select that.

Now in the box type. "norestrictions" without quotes. Also if the game is showing you have less vram than what you actually have then also in the set launch options put "availablevidmem x.x" example i have 4gb so i put availablevidmem 4.0 and then apply and play your game.

do you put a space or a comma between those 2 options.

do you put a space or a comma between those 2 options.

yes.

on steam so i think its latest patch.

This might be a dumb suggestion, but if you right-click the game I believe there's some options in Properties that allow you turn off auto-updating. It's worth a check, if nothing else.

I'm not at home so I can't check the exact wording and location.

i did that but it still says 1 have 3gb of vramwhen i have 4 and i still cant turn up the settings

Try putting - before the command so for example, it would look like this (with 4gb vram) also just noticed i have an extra command in my options. Just copy  my commands including the spaces and paste into your launch options. (delete the previous commands.

Now also something else to try, go to your gta iv installation folder. For me it is. programe files (86)/steam/steam apps/common/grand theft auto iv/gtaiv

In this folder create a new txt called commandline.txt and paste the same commands in there, one below the other.

i was going to post that you need the - infront of the command, that should work mine did the same thing with a pair of 290x cards lol

i was going to post that you need the - infront of the command, that should work mine did the same thing with a pair of 290x cards lol

yer i had a bit of a silly moment lol.