Haswell chip with 4.5W TDP? Rumours!

If this is true, ARM's dominance in the mobile market might be in question.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1495912-intel-has-a-secret-version-of-haswell?source=email_rt_article_readmore

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

Im sure its possible but it would be really slow. Think about the applications as the article said its for fan less tablets. If that cpu was going into a notebook you should have a much bigger heat sink and much more speed.

Im sure its possible but it would be really slow. Think about the applications as the article said its for fan less tablets. If that cpu was going into a notebook you should have a much bigger heat sink and much more speed.

1.4 Ghz dual core is a pretty standard sounding mobile CPU though, the application market they'd be aiming for would be phones and thin tablets like the ipad or Nexus compared to the current tablets that run x86 processors all being rather bulky in comparison. 

If this chip exists, I think Intel would be aiming it as a direct competitor to ARM's A15 cores. How it compares to the Snapdragon's 800 chips/Tegra 4 performance wise, I would love to see.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

1.4 Ghz dual core is a pretty standard sounding mobile CPU though, the application market they'd be aiming for would be phones and thin tablets like the ipad or Nexus compared to the current tablets that run x86 processors all being rather bulky in comparison. 

I think the article said the 4.5Watt version ran at 600 or 800mhz and thr high power version was 1.4

If this chip exists, I think Intel would be aiming it as a direct competitor to ARM's A15 cores. How it compares to the Snapdragon's 800 chips/Tegra 4 performance wise, I would love to see.

True but I dont see Intel or AMD getting much into the mobile market just yet.

True but I dont see Intel or AMD getting much into the mobile market just yet.

I think its about time they do, and if you look as Haswell as a whole, its clear they've started to care about low power and integrated graphics, both of which are essential to creating a successful mobile chipset.

Hmm, If this is true I can see huge potential in a couple of gens once it has caught up in the ARMs race...

Can't see it being too great to start with though.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

if you really need a full fledged i5/i7 in a tablet...then you probably don't need a tablet,at least for that use scenario.

I mean that would only be beneficial for photo/video composition or gaming,all of which is optimized for use with a mouse not a touch screen,all of which need ram capacities that far exceed most (if not all) tablets,all of which require large storage capacities (you could use a home network but you'd need a fast network and the tablet may not be able to make full use of it.

if you pan to use it for intensive loads then you most likely have a desktop or laptop for those use scenarios.

also by the time tablets can have full fledged i5/i7's (or their equivilent) and 8GB-16GB 1600mhz+ ram,1TB HDD,and GTX (x)60/HD (x)850 graphics, software for streaming from your desktop pc as done by the Nvidia shield and Nvidia GRiD will have been perfected and commercially available.

so everyone saying 800mhz is too slow,you're probably not the market segment they're aiming it at,you're most likely the desktop/ laptop segment 

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552