Which 120mm fan?

JoaoPRSousa

Hi there again!

I want a 120mm fan for the front of my case. The problem is my mobo only has one (ONE!) PWM fan header, and I know that Noctua fans come with a splitter. But I don't really want to blow all my budget with a NF-F12...

Are there any other fans that bring splitters?

http://www.clickfiel.pt/1/134/1/Ventoinhas?ordem=3

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

I picked up a three pound Akasa 4 pin fan splitter off amazon, have a look for around

Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.2Ghz | Evga GTX 780 Ti SC ACX with backplate | MSI Gaming 9 AC | 8GB (2x4) Corsair Vengeance Pro Silver 2400 MHz | Corsair H105 128GB Crucial MX100 | Toshiba 2TB | Evga 750G2 | Corsair Obsidian 750d | Be Quiet Silent Wings 2 PWM (3x140mm & 3x120mm)

Why do you want to go with a PWM case fan? I honestly don't think you need that fine controll for a case fan.

For case voltage controlled fans I can recommend Silverstones AP series, while they do not come with a splitter, they do come with a Molex adapter splitting into 5, 7 and 12 V, so you don't have to run them full speed.

That beeing said, a fan Splitter (you could pick up one of these, so you don't overload your fan header, if you decide to add more fans later) is not very expensive.

@Zolon my case brings fan to molex adapters, but those connect to the PSU (obviously) and I'm worried about the fan running at full speed all time...

Does you motherboard not have 3 pin fan headers you are able to controll?

If not there still is something like this with some fans, most notably the Silverstone AP 121, and they are great case fans.

@Zolon it actually has 2 PWM headers and no 3 pin ones... One of them is used by the cooler. That's why...

And BTW those fans, the Silverstone ones are not available in this store...

From that store, I could recommend the noctua as a PWM Fan, since you will save about 3-5€ for the fan splitter, and I have not seen any PWM fans for under 15€..

If you want to get a relatively quiet 3 pin fan, get something like the BitFenix Spectre, it runs @ 1000 rpm.

From that store, I could recommend the noctua as a PWM Fan, since you will save about 3-5€ for the fan splitter, and I have not seen any PWM fans for under 15€..

If you want to get a relatively quiet 3 pin fan, get something like the BitFenix Spectre, it runs @ 1000 rpm.

I'm now home. Next week/Tomorrow I will grab the BitFenix one then :)