POLL: The Best GTX 970?

Mattr567

Does everyone commenting have every model to compare with each other? Nope.

No, but personal experience of my card - the choice of which was heavily informed by independent reviewers - has led to my belief. In virtually all respects I couldn't ask for more from it.

"I want something amazing but I want to pay for something ordinary"

Isn't that essentially what you're saying?

The Zotac is an ordinary card, not much different from a traditional reference card, so if that's what you want then go for it. It's not like you get 5 more FPS with any 970 over another 970, it'll just either be quieter, slightly (but unnoticeably) faster, cooler, more stable in the long term due to better components - or a combination of 2 or more of those factors. It's not anything revolutionary.

Just be aware that spending as little as possible usually means a louder, slower, hotter, and/or a shorter life span card.

Now the Zotac card isn't loud, at least. I'd say long term VRM/ memory life and temperatures is going to be the weaknesses of that card.

Well no, what I was trying to say is that I want an ordinary 970 and I was asking if anyone had experience with this model because I'm on a budget and i wanted a 970 because its price/performance ratio is great! :D