Ok, I got sonic (1991) on steam... But it doesn't do anything!

pipnina

Having bought the original sonic the hedgehog game on steam last night, I tried to play it today.

Let's just say I'm confused.

I launch the game, it brings up a window like this one: http://i.imgur.com/SPfs7LU.png

For some reason it's called "Sega Genesis and Mega Drive Classics". Not what I was expecting.

Then, I try to bind my keys to a PS3 controller: http://i.imgur.com/7hUdpIa.png

And realise it doesn't let me bind the directional keys to anything or tell me what any of these buttons actually do. Hmmm...

Worse, I launch the game and it just plays though parts of 4 different stages, not once mentioning "Press start to begin" or anything like that.

Starting to think i wasted my money. This really is a shameful port on SEGA's part.

Sega emulator?

It is probably easier to get running flawlessly. Gives you access to all the old games too.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

Sega emulator?

It is probably easier to get running flawlessly. Gives you access to all the old games too.

I can't beleive this. Bying the game lawfully on steam with money get's me broken shit. But pirating it with a non SEGA emu? Yep. Works fine.

Seriously, screw this industry.

But ty. I guess that's gonna be what I gotta do then,

I can't beleive this. Bying the game lawfully on steam with money get's me broken shit. But pirating it with a non SEGA emu? Yep. Works fine.

Pirating the game when you bought it in the first place isn't illegal... I think.

Might be an issue with ps3 controllers. It properly autobound the dpad correctly on my DS4 by itself and when emulated as an xinput device. And it doesn't tell you what buttons are probably because its a universal bind for the application, not per game.

The original didn't have a 'press start' prompt either.

Sega emulator?

Its possible. The whole games as "addons" to the main application does seem to hint to that.Wait I might have derped, were you suggesting using one, or that sega made one for the classics on steam?

Pirating the game when you bought it in the first place isn't illegal... I think.

If I'd known the game I'd get would be broken like this. I'd never have bought it in the first place.

But the thing is, ALL the steam reviews recommend it. Which is weird and suggests that it either wasn't like this before, the reviews are fake or I'm doing something wrong.

If I'd known the game I'd get would be broken like this. I'd never have bought it in the first place.

But the thing is, ALL the steam reviews recommend it. Which is weird and suggests that it either wasn't like this before, the reviews are fake or I'm doing something wrong.

Hmmm I sent you a PM.

The honest way usually is the hardest way.

Might be an issue with ps3 controllers. It properly autobound the dpad correctly on my DS4 by itself and when emulated as an xinput device. And it doesn't tell you what buttons are probably because its a universal bind for the application, not per game.

The original didn't have a 'press start' prompt either.

Its possible. The whole games as "addons" to the main application does seem to hint to that.Wait I might have derped, were you suggesting using one, or that sega made one for the classics on steam?

I think you derped as I am suggesting using a free one.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

the controller might not be compable with the those games

i have all sonic games on my computer and they all working fine

try to use a different controller

i  have heared of a xbox 360 controller but not PS3 controller

I Clap for those like you. Legal , illegal wtf?! What FBI Is going to kick your door and fucking rape you if you download it? Can you actually get in jail for that? I dont know but I Live in a free country no one cares and no one is trying to find out that i downloaded some files. Like how they are going to find out? Just download it no one gives a shit.

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

Having bought the original sonic the hedgehog game on steam last night, I tried to play it today.

Let's just say I'm confused.

I launch the game, it brings up a window like this one: http://i.imgur.com/SPfs7LU.png

For some reason it's called "Sega Genesis and Mega Drive Classics". Not what I was expecting.

Then, I try to bind my keys to a PS3 controller: http://i.imgur.com/7hUdpIa.png

And realise it doesn't let me bind the directional keys to anything or tell me what any of these buttons actually do. Hmmm...

Worse, I launch the game and it just plays though parts of 4 different stages, not once mentioning "Press start to begin" or anything like that.

Starting to think i wasted my money. This really is a shameful port on SEGA's part.

Did you use software like Motion joy because the Ps4/ps3 controller don't have native PC support.

RTX2070OC