D.I.Y. Female Molex Pin Extractor

R4THOUSE

Hey guys, I recently ran into a problem, my molex pin extractor broke :(

so I called the manufacturer and they said they would send me another but it might take a few weeks.

Well 2 weeks later no extractor, so i decided i put this build on hold for long enough and decided to make my own.

A quick trip to radio shack to get my supplies and they turned out to be very easy to work with.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2104063&locale=en_US

http://imgur.com/a/nhZ8j#0

first step is to bend the tip back and forth. while doing this be careful not to break the inside. Once the whole piece is able to spin to the right pull the tip off. You should be left with a center piece sticking out. Slam the center piece into a hard surface so it goes flush with the outside. now pull the white center with the silver connector and center piece out. You are almost done all you have to do now is pull the black ring off and attach the screw on cover.

Thanks for viewing. Be sure to post pics of your D.I.Y. pin extractor pins bellow

Matt Key

@SlickKey

i use the tip of a dart, it takes practice but when you get it, it's easy.

ps, i only clicked on this cause i quickly read "D.I.Y female" and i was confused. 

CPU: i5 3570K @4.5GHz    GPU: R9 290   MOBO: ASUS p8z77-v  RAM: 8Gb corsair vengence   CASE: ARC MIDI  PSU: XFX pro 550W  HDD: 2tb segate baracuda

i use the tip of a dart, it takes practice but when you get it, it's easy.

ps, i only clicked on this cause i quickly read "D.I.Y female" and i was confused. 

Just the tip.

Christopher Kruse | Webdeveloper (Interface & Applications)

i7 3770k (3233C Batch) @ 4.2ghz | Asus P8Z77 WS | Gigabyte 780 Ti OC  | Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 32GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB +2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB + Samsung 830 256GB + 4x WD30EFRX, 2x WD30EZRX, 1xWD20EARS | Corsair AX750 + Bitfenix Extensions | Fractal Design Define XL R2 + Xigmatec 3in3 Hotswap Cage | Noctua NH-D15 + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, 5x Noctua NF-P14s redux-1500 PWM | Peripherals: Logitech G502 + Corsair K70 RGB + Red 40A-L O-Rings | Sound: Denon AVR 2807 via HDMI + 2x Nubert nuPro A-20 + 1x B&W CC6 Center | SoundMagic E10 | Jabra Speak 410

Just the tip.

that depends on which kind of female plug it is :P

CPU: i5 3570K @4.5GHz    GPU: R9 290   MOBO: ASUS p8z77-v  RAM: 8Gb corsair vengence   CASE: ARC MIDI  PSU: XFX pro 550W  HDD: 2tb segate baracuda