AlienWare's new console the Alpha

NuggetX3

Are the facts that I posted too much for you to comprehend? 

no.. its just that I never know if this is you talking or the Devil's Advocate in you talking

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

no.. its just that I never know if this is you talking or the Devil's Advocate in you talking

:lol:

No it's not. 

im pretty sure it is : 

post-85015-0-22392900-1417303436_thumb.p

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Well, it's not. You're just not good at reading. 

well. I feel bad... just saw it xD

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

well. I feel bad... just saw it xD

You saw steam big picture mode, not steam OS. 

$550 for an i3? Console peasants are better off with a console

the whole point of a PC is upgradabilty and price/value

An i3 is fine for gaming because of the 4 threads. It will kick the OCd Pentium in the face in multithreaded heavy games.

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

When I was talking to a dell guy he said it came with a gtx 660

Well he was wrong (as dell employees often are). 

GTX 860M, still more powerful than xbone and ps4. Certainly not an overpriced product from Alienware considering this is to compete in console market.

Mmm... I forgot about the Alpha. I never had a good time with Alienware - I owned their M14x at a dark point in time. Very unsatisfied with the performance for the price (should've expected it though) and customer support wasn't the best to deal with. If I were a console heathen looking to step up to PC somehow, I'd wait for other Steam Machines to drop.

(OOC) [Legend] Vladimir Makaroni: is smelling meth with my new oculus rift a valid reason to warrant a meth lab

Mmm... I forgot about the Alpha. I never had a good time with Alienware - I owned their M14x at a dark point in time. Very unsatisfied with the performance for the price (should've expected it though) and customer support wasn't the best to deal with. If I were a console heathen looking to step up to PC somehow, I'd wait for other Steam Machines to drop.

This isn't a steam machine. Honestly, until games get proper linux support, steamOS won't be a real thing. 

still not replacing my rig

Implying that's what it was meant for.   :rolleyes:

I have been thinking about picking one up at some point as a HTPC that I can stream to from my main desktop, but they disappointed once again on the price. First claiming at CES 2014 that they would be competitively priced with consoles around $400, then they stepped it up as always. The included software should be interesting though.

When I was talking to a dell guy he said it came with a gtx 660

You were most likely talking about the (SFF) X51, not the (USFF) Alpha which has a mobile GPU. 

3x Dell U2414H Triple Monitor Surround @ 5760x1080 / Corsair Obsidian 900D / ASUS ROG Z97 Maximus VII Hero / i7-4790K @ 4.4GHz / 2x EVGA SC GTX 780Ti SLI @ 1150MHz / 16GB GeiL DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz / 120GB Samsung 840 EVO / Corsair AX1200W PSU

Gallery: [1] [2] [3] - Fire Strike Score - Steam Profile