New PC

Janezzz

My budget is 970$...Go!

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 3.2 Ghz \\ Motherboard: MSI H97 PC MATE ATX \\ RAM: Corsair 2x4 GB 1600 Mhz \\ GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970 4 GB DDR5 \\ Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB, 7200 RPM and an external WD Elements 1 TB HDD \\ PSU: Corsair VS650W \\ Case: Cooler Master K350 \\ Optical drive: Samsung R/W 24x \\ OS: Windows 10 64-bit \\ Keyboard/Mouse: Both DELL \\ Display: Samsung 28-inch TV 1080p 60 Hz \\ Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Electric Blue 16 GB

Usage? Location? Posts like this don't work like that.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1080p gaming (more demanding games)

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 3.2 Ghz \\ Motherboard: MSI H97 PC MATE ATX \\ RAM: Corsair 2x4 GB 1600 Mhz \\ GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970 4 GB DDR5 \\ Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1 TB, 7200 RPM and an external WD Elements 1 TB HDD \\ PSU: Corsair VS650W \\ Case: Cooler Master K350 \\ Optical drive: Samsung R/W 24x \\ OS: Windows 10 64-bit \\ Keyboard/Mouse: Both DELL \\ Display: Samsung 28-inch TV 1080p 60 Hz \\ Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5 Electric Blue 16 GB

You are buying now? Wait for broadwell.

Then.

Cheapest hyperthreaded xeon

Stock cooler and undervolt

Cheap mobo

4gb or more gpu like r9 290 or gtx 970 or whatever will come out that fits in case

cheap case with good fans and possibly fan filter (bitfenix neos is ok zalman r1)

xfx or seasonic 500 - 600 w psu

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9J2gqs
Of course the case and OS are entirely subjective so feel free to swap those out. It comes to $950 so you have $20 to play around with to change things as you like (or you could shove an optical drive in there if you want) . You could change out the GPU for a 290 as it is within the same price range but you would need a more powerful PSU.

Our father, who AWPs in heaven, CS be thy game. Uncase begun, them skins be won, covert - and not mil-spec. Give us this day a StatTrak Knife, and forgive us when we rage quit, as we forgive those who aimbot against us, and lead us not into scamnation but undeliverus a battlescared. GabeN

The only problem is that here where I live PC components are way to expensive. I would go as far as to say that 70 % of them are overpriced. The only site I can shop from is Ebay.

Because you said dollars I'll assume you're in the US.

Here's the build I came up with. I know it's a little over budget, but for that price the R9 290X is going to DESTROY anything else. You can get Windows 8.1 pro for $15 on G2A.com. If it's too expensive you can get a 1TB HDD instead or an i3  :)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($88.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($64.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 290X 4GB TWIN FROZR Video Card  ($299.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($41.99 @ Directron) 
Total: $874.65
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-24 14:01 EST-0500

Edit: didn't see you said parts only on ebay... Are you sure that's all you can do? What makes getting parts where you live expensive? Are you not in the US?

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8

I live in Croatia.

Oh, almost forgot to say I am going to reuse my RAM.

A R9 290 which I can find on Ebay for 250 dollars (sometimes even lower) here costs approxametly (dont know if I spelled aprox. Right) around 450-500 dollars or 3000 kuna.

The Build from Mr tomnus is also a good selection: I am not experienced in where to get windows as my father works for a software development company and therefore I have access to free OS. Add together the saving of the RAM which you already have and the OS and you can get a larger capacity SSD, case or whatever that is always good. If you are not getting an overclockable processor you do not really need to spend much on your motherboard so long as it has the features that you know you will use. High priced PC parts suck... I live in the UK where there is a 20% higher cost from VAT so I feel your pain on overpriced electronics... 

Our father, who AWPs in heaven, CS be thy game. Uncase begun, them skins be won, covert - and not mil-spec. Give us this day a StatTrak Knife, and forgive us when we rage quit, as we forgive those who aimbot against us, and lead us not into scamnation but undeliverus a battlescared. GabeN

Subcola I Dont know German.Can you tell me is the shipping free? And thank you all for taking your time to help me out :D

I am not sure which retailers you have the choice between but I would recommend finding a company and not going with ebay. You will have proper warranty and return policies if you go with a company as opposed to independent retailers. Even if it means taking a little bit of a hit on the postage, it is worth it (at least in my opinion) and you are more than likely to get all of your parts in one go and not have to wait on a component to finally put it together. Some companies will give you free shipping/postage on orders over a certain price. I am not familiar with any of the US companies as I have not used them on account of being British (I personally use novatech or dabs) but from what I have heard Newegg and NCIX are good? Just a personal preference on where you buy your parts but there you have it.

Newegg does not ship outside the US I believe

Subcola I Dont know German.Can you tell me is the shipping free? And thank you all for taking your time to help me out :D

DHL ships to Croatia (i believe shipping is free within Germany) and you can actually calculate shipping price. It depends of total worth of things ordered and weight. I don't think it is over 50€

http://www.computeruniverse.net/en/cart_optimize.asp?