What Browser Add-Ons and Extensions?

criso8

There have been posts about what browsers but not add-ons even though they can make your browsers very different in usability and appearance . I like a very minimalistic browser so i don't use any toolbars besides my url and tabs. I also use an add-on called superstart that is my homepage and I like it because of the customization feature.

What do you have as your toolbar, homepage, skin, extension etc.

Check out Opera, its my favourite by far. Especially because of the mouse gestures. My next pick would be Maxathon. Let me know what you think of them!

Firefox Beta Channel & Extensions: Adblocker Plus, NoScript, WOT, SessionManager, Tab Mix Plus, Flashblock, Trustwave SecureBrowsing

skins are pointless as who leaves the browser window open with a blank page that shows the skin? If anything I use or used to use LittleFox to minimize the browsers window cruft eating into my web pages. Firefox Beta is minimal on the cruft and maximizes your webpages as it should be. There is also no point in a home page as you always end up typing something in the URL box of what you want and it goes there or opens up a google search to it or which ever search engine is your primary. Chrome supports some of those add-ons listed above and Opera as well.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

...i beg to differ; i use FF / WF and chrome often and for long hours...that means i trash my ram with a shinyload of open tabs a lot...therewith i also use a lot of bookmarks, cause i don't want to key in all sites day after day...so the browsers have to be slick and clean...i paint 'em black, let all the important bookmarks iconized and yeah sometimes i use a 'custom logowall' as startpage...but my advice is: try out some plugins and colors and find the way you gonna go the best yourself...

This is an alpha...this is not a beta. Yeah...and we're running it on production ! [LinusTech & SlickPC]   ~    More Power Than All the Computers in 1999! [Our Servers ^^]

I forgot to mention, I also use multiple Profiles with Firefox, for example one for LinusTechTips and the Youtube channel, then another for E-mail, and then another for general browsing. OK a few more, one for banking and other personal stuff. This keeps the profile files separate and no one profile has all the info for the other, nor are they on at the same time.

Firefox Beta Channel & Extensions: Adblocker Plus, NoScript, WOT, SessionManager, Tab Mix Plus, Flashblock, Trustwave SecureBrowsing

skins are pointless as who leaves the browser window open with a blank page that shows the skin? If anything I use or used to use LittleFox to minimize the browsers window cruft eating into my web pages. Firefox Beta is minimal on the cruft and maximizes your webpages as it should be. There is also no point in a home page as you always end up typing something in the URL box of what you want and it goes there or opens up a google search to it or which ever search engine is your primary. Chrome supports some of those add-ons listed above and Opera as well.

try turning off adblocker after you've used it for a long time and will see just how amazing it is

try turning off adblocker after you've used it for a long time and will see just how amazing it is

No way man! Its worth every penny ;) This way I get to concentrate on my browsing goal and not be side tracked even more than I already am :)

Firefox with pentadactyl for mouseless browsing: its the only thing keeping me from switching to chrome. unfortunately chrome has nothing that comes close.

adblock (of course) and ghostery/noscript for security/privacy. tab mix plus: also nothing like it on chrome.

Two best addons you can get are Xmarks and lastpass. Great if you are using multiple machines to browse. Xmarks syncs bookmarks between machines and even browsers. LastPass saves all passwords and again syncs them between browsers. Both also include modile editions but they cost something to use.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Addblock is one of the greatest addons on Chrome and FireFox and Turn Off The Light (for Chrome). It fades all the YouTube page except the video that I'm watching. It also helps me not to distract and gives me a movie theater feeling.

Watch out, there might be ninjas out there  :ph34r: