Tips on what phone I should hold out for?

Majorllama

Alright kids. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 that is about to be out of contract in a few months and I want to know if there are any good phones I should hold out for. I dont like apple phones and I enjoy tinkering on my android OS.... Ill probably just get the S6 cause its my favorite number and the S5 is a solid phone in my opinion. I dont like the phablets cause I carry alot in my pockets, but I also cant stand the shitty battery I have. I have a mophie case that I drain every day along with the phone battery. So I need a battery that has the stamina to keep up... I like Linus's review of the turbo, but im not on verizon and I HATE not having a physical home button so the droid serious have never done it for me. 

TLDR: I want a new know. S6 will probably be what I get, but im wondering if im missing anything important.  

do you consider the Nexus 6 as a phablet?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Wait for google/motorola's modular phone.

Your s4 is decent enough to last another year. 

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

Project Ara appeals to me, so i would reccomend seeing how that does, but i know not everyone likes it. Just a thought.

This. Phoneblox for life.

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

Just wait for the s6, if you are already aiming for it then you are just probably waiting for us to prove you right and say to go with the s6.  I was gonna upgrade too but im waiting for ara since my phone can still handle.

nexus 6 nuff said

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

Personally I would go for iPhone 6+ Its seriously a beautiful piece of hardware. I'm also over Android to many problems i don't want to deal with.

Oneplus One or if you can wait OnePlus 2

Wait, Where did you get that from? The OnePlus 2? 

You must "Quote" to get my attention​.

~IBIubbleTea - 20/07/2014 

You could just install a custom rom on your s4 and wait for project Ara, or just get a OnePlus One

It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!

I have an invite for a One if you want it.

When does it expire? Not sure if I have the money for it right now.

2 days. :(

Don't worry. I will keep you (Idk how to word it) and when I need it I will be sure to come to you, if that's okay.

Don't worry. I will keep you (Idk how to word it) and when I need it I will be sure to come to you, if that's okay.

If I have one then. :)

If I have one then. :)

You bought the phone right? YOU SHOULD HAVE SOME LATER< DON"T LIE TO ME EEEEEEE.

You want a S5/S6, but don't want a phablet...... In my book, anything that is not operable with one hand is a phablet, which means anything bigger than the iPhone 5. As for phones that have a physical home button, those are getting harder to come by, only Samsung and Apple seem to have those. For battery life, if you're able to keep power consumption in check, then battery capacity doesn't matter.

I went from a 4.5" screen to the 5.5" screen on my OnePlus One. I'd never go back. Get the OnePlus One, or wait for the OnePlus Two. 

The S6 might be a good phone, but knowing Samsung, TouchWiz is going to be riddled all over the device. My OnePlus made me realize two things: Software is key and specs don't matter. The OPO has relatively outdated specs, but it's lightning fast. Almost no lag. I personally love that I get even more customization with Cyanogenmod 11S, and it's going to be updated to Lollipop before the end of the year. I would wait for the OnePlus Two; OnePlus is considering a smaller sized phone, so no phablet here. Btw, the S6 is most likely going to be really big too, but not as big as the Note. Just don't let all those specs get to you, because any phone is fast nowadays. But yeah. Wait for the OnePlus Two. It's going to be released around the end of Q2 and early Q3 according to the co-founder: http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/11/21/oneplus-founder-explains-why-its-flagship-killer-is-so-hard-to-buy/ (Last sentence). 

-From the desk of Moose-

do you consider the Nexus 6 as a phablet?

Ehhhhh its on the edge. Ill have to hold one to see how I feel. 

Just wait for the s6, if you are already aiming for it then you are just probably waiting for us to prove you right and say to go with the s6.  I was gonna upgrade too but im waiting for ara since my phone can still handle.

Ill wait and see what its running on before I take a dive.

nexus 6 nuff said

Still.. just ehhhh. Ill hold one then decide how I feel. 

You want a S5/S6, but don't want a phablet...... In my book, anything that is not operable with one hand is a phablet, which means anything bigger than the iPhone 5. As for phones that have a physical home button, those are getting harder to come by, only Samsung and Apple seem to have those. For battery life, if you're able to keep power consumption in check, then battery capacity doesn't matter.

You must have small hands... I can use most phones one handed besides the note series. And battery life DOES matter.  I know how to manage my background apps just fine. I even changed the amount of power some apps needed, but I usually stream twitch/netflix/youtube for an hour+ a day and I text ALOT. Ive been burning through 4000+ mAh amounts of battery a day for the last year. 

You bought the phone right? YOU SHOULD HAVE SOME LATER< DON"T LIE TO ME EEEEEEE.

I did buy the phone but the invites expire for me after six days. If I  have one when you can buy it I will but it isn't up to me. :)

Forgot about the z3 fits your criteria pretty well

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.