Can someone help me pick out the right motherboard?

gomezz34

Hi, everyone first post here and I have to admit that I'm pretty new at building a PC. Now that that's out of the way, let me tell you my dilemma.

So I did some research when shopping around for PC parts, but I apparently didn't do enough. I bought this case

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811108422

this motherboard

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130637

and this CPU

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113287.

So I apparently got mixed up when it came to a couple of things. On the case, there's a blue cable that was described as "the cable for USB 3.0". Now, the motherboard said that it was USB 3.0 compatible and noob me thought that there was a port to fit the cable, but I can't seem to find one. I've looked all over the thing and I can't find it, so I'm going to assume I goofed. 

I apparently suck at buying motherboards, so I was wondering if you guys could help me find a good motherboard (as in has all necessary ports and will be very future proof that also works with the processor and has this mythical port for the USB 3.0 on the front. (to be clear, there are other reasons that I want to change the motherboard, but this is the issue that I can't figure out and don't want to mess up twice). Can someone help me pick out the best motherboard that suits these needs? Thank you so much in advance.

Just to ask, what will this pc be used for?

CPU: i7 4790k OC'd @ 4.6 ghz COOLER: Corsair H105 (SP 120mm Quiet Edition Fans) MOBO: ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 RAM: Kingston Hyper Fury 16GB (2x8) 1866mhz

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB HDD: WD Blue 1TB GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750w 80+ Gold Fully Modular CASE: Fractal Arc Midi R2

OPTICAL DRIVE: Samsung DVD Burner OS: Win 7 64bit   Please do some research of your own before asking questions. Google and Youtube are your friend.

Usually pcpartpicker.com can help...

An ASRock 990FX Killer has USB 3.0 headers.

But does it come with whatever blue cable is included in the case that allows USB 3.0 on the front? My current motherboard also has the capability, but I want it in the front.

Just to ask, what will this pc be used for?

gaming will be the most intensive thing. I would rate it around Linus's mid level PC in his recent PC build video.

The only problem is that I don't know what this cable is that connects USB 3.0 to the front, and I'm kind of leery on buying a new one unless it has that capability since having to do everything in the back is annoying. 

The blue usb3.0 cable comes with *some cases*, it plugs into the usb3 (header) on a motherboard. Some mobo's have a usb3.0 header and some dont.  Some of the blue usb3.0 cables that are supplied with certin cases have a usb2.0 splitter on them, just incase your mobo doesnt have a usb3.0 header, that way you can still get the front usb2.0 connectins to work.  Im sure you could buy a 3.0 cable seperatly but dont quote me on that.

CPU: i7 4790k OC'd @ 4.6 ghz COOLER: Corsair H105 (SP 120mm Quiet Edition Fans) MOBO: ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 RAM: Kingston Hyper Fury 16GB (2x8) 1866mhz

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB HDD: WD Blue 1TB GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750w 80+ Gold Fully Modular CASE: Fractal Arc Midi R2

OPTICAL DRIVE: Samsung DVD Burner OS: Win 7 64bit   Please do some research of your own before asking questions. Google and Youtube are your friend.

But does it come with whatever blue cable is included in the case that allows USB 3.0 on the front? My current motherboard also has the capability, but I want it in the front.

WHAT!? The case is supposed to come with the front panel USB 3.0 cable. That's weird.

However, I have used the ASRock 990FX Killer in many of my part lists, and it is GUARANTEED to have USB 3.0 headers.

kompooterz.