I Need a Car Guys Help!

Luckris

@cae

Car was in no accident, he was just messing with bodykits, and that the spare ones he was willing to throw on the car and sell to me. hood is stock, just has carbon fiber wrap on it(im going to get a real one some day). No frame damage though, or any signs of it. There are signs of boost gauges that where there, and a lot of other custom things, but looks like they where taken out, which would account for all the loose not connected wires I see all over the place. 

I want to adjust the pedal so I can take off smoother., and gain a steady speed without pumping the gas pedal, or constantly taping the brakes. The pedal is so stiff. This is my first time driving a manual car and I'm teaching myself how to do it, so it's kinda important I can give it the right amount of gas I want to. Plus when I move the steering wheel the RPMs drop, so I got to give it a bit of gas then, and the pedal is so thick I find myself riding the clutch.

@BulkFish

No idea what any of it looks like or, where it would be. So I'm going to try to get my uncle over when he's free to check the throttle-body, thermostat, gas pedal, loose stick shift, and the tail light fuse that keeps blowing. other than that, I just need to get a load of bolts to secure some things down, paint the interior, screw it back together, and I should be fine. As for the fog lights, and interior lights, I think I'm just missing a fuse for them.

And I NEED to get the suspension raised an softened. Damn it's a stiff bumpy ride.

A little off topic, first time driving stick today, I put it in reverse, drove it up and down the street, tried to put it into second, ended up putting it in neutral because the gear stick always looks like it's in first or second. IT's soooo loose! And also I have a hard time getting into reverse. it wont stay in that gear after I already been in there once. (I might just be shit at shifting though)  

And I tried to reply to you guys last night, but the forums where barely working for me. 

I'm kinda curious why you'd buy such a lemon. Did you test drive at all? With all the problems, I'd consider trying to get rid of it for something better, or at least with fewer problems.

Throttle sucks, brakes suck, shifter sucks, suspension sucks, wiring sucks, power sucks, mileage sucks. You'd have to pay me to take something like that.

Great if you can use the thing to learn manual and get you to and from, but I'd really advise against wasting money on goofy stuff like hoods or interior paint. Car's only worth about $500, you'd just be inviting theft. Sorry that it looks like you're stuck with it, and good luck in getting all the issues sorted. 

Saw the vids...

Looks like the previous owner messed too much with the tail lights and connected them to the signal/turn/hazard lights (or whatever you folks call it) and something else... I'm not exactly sure... You'd want to restore that to stock asap...

The engine looks like it needs a bit of cleaning... I listened closely to how it starts and how it ran, and I think you may want to get the battery checked...

@DigitalHermit

All the lights work fine, except for the interior lights, and the tail lights when I try to turn them on at night, all the other ones turn on. Then again I think I'm missing a fuse for the interior lights. The fuse for the tail light just blows, so some stupid wire job there I'm guessing. 

The engine has a kind of whine to it. Sounds like it has a belt issue, and that day i made that video the battery was almost drained, but I charged it up. Thinking the Timing is off in the engine, might be a reason why the idle is so bad. 

@DigitalHermit

All the lights work fine, except for the interior lights, and the tail lights when I try to turn them on at night, all the other ones turn on. Then again I think I'm missing a fuse for the interior lights. The fuse for the tail light just blows, so some stupid wire job there I'm guessing. 

The engine has a kind of whine to it. Sounds like it has a belt issue, and that day i made that video the battery was almost drained, but I charged it up. Thinking the Timing is off in the engine, might be a reason why the idle is so bad. 

Which is why I mentioned something about the wiring... Get the wiring checked out... The previous owner had fun with the wiring and screwed it up somewhere... It could also be the reason why the fuse keeps blowing...

The whine sounded like a turbo so I kind of ignored it... Belt whine is more annoying than that...

@DigitalHermit

There is almost definitely a dead short in the circuit causing the fuse to blow. Check any wiring that looks suspicious.

Timing doesn't sound off, I thought the engine sounded like it ran surprisingly smooth in the video. Timing won't make it idle at 1200rpm. 

Which is why I mentioned something about the wiring... Get the wiring checked out... The previous owner had fun with the wiring and screwed it up somewhere... It could also be the reason why the fuse keeps blowing...

The whine sounded like a turbo so I kind of ignored it... Belt whine is more annoying than that...

Alright, that's off my mind then. I think my uncle has this computer system that can check the wires, but he's always so busy!

There is almost definitely a dead short in the circuit causing the fuse to blow. Check any wiring that looks suspicious.

Timing doesn't sound off, I thought the engine sounded like it ran surprisingly smooth in the video. Timing won't make it idle at 1200rpm. 

Idle around a norm of 2,000 RPM now. But it's still fine to drive. I'm just having trouble getting the throttle just right because it's stiff. But so far, I think I know what all the issues are, just got to do something about them now. Go to a junk yard, and get parts. I found the thermostat, but got no idea what to do with it or anything, but it's there. So just a matter of hooking things up to a relay. or something like that... 

Alright, that's off my mind then. I think my uncle has this computer system that can check the wires, but he's always so busy!

Idle around a norm of 2,000 RPM now. But it's still fine to drive. I'm just having trouble getting the throttle just right because it's stiff. But so far, I think I know what all the issues are, just got to do something about them now. Go to a junk yard, and get parts. I found the thermostat, but got no idea what to do with it or anything, but it's there. So just a matter of hooking things up to a relay. or something like that... 

2000RPM idle seems high to me... Might just be me since the 2000 Ford Lynx Ghia that I drive idles at 600RPM when warm...

2000RPM idle seems high to me... Might just be me since the 2000 Ford Lynx Ghia that I drive idles at 600RPM when warm...

Haha, yea it is definitely very high.

I had a very quick look on the net, and idle issues are common with those, and various things can cause them. Checking and cleaning the Idle Control Valve seems to fix a lot of them, so jump on the net and research that a bit and see if you can give it a go.

Haha, yea it is definitely very high.

I had a very quick look on the net, and idle issues are common with those, and various things can cause them. Checking and cleaning the Idle Control Valve seems to fix a lot of them, so jump on the net and research that a bit and see if you can give it a go.

IT could just be the throttle body itself, which is where the control valve is located. I want to go and get it checked before I try and replace anything. I want to know what's wrong at first, so I can go buy all the parts, and not waste money or time getting something that is actually fine. I don't get payed until next week, so until then I'll have to just do things like you said, clean parts out, and start bolting things like the battery down. Might be able to get a better cold air intake and place it where it belongs. 

http://youtu.be/seApXWV18js

500-900 is the most common range. 2000 is really high. 

I have my benz set at 1000 because it's got shitty ignition leads and i suspect that the battery is discharging (probably because of the leads) 

So it doesn't stall and it charges the battery a bit more while idling

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"