My first watercooling adventure any tips?

Hello

I have recently grown an interest for watercooling and thus i have begun the planning for my own liquid cooled beast xD 
Now i am going to cool my CPU and GPUs which will be a 3930K and a GTX 780.
Here is a list of the different watercooling components that i am going to use:

CPU block: EK-Supremacy Clean 
pZlTZ5G.jpg

GPU block and backplate:
e5JXdeD.jpggkgUWFN.jpg

Radiators:
two Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Kobber 480mm
wDGNOiB.jpg

Pump
Alphacool VPP655 Plexi Top
A6rhCgt.jpg

Reservoir:
IUU0r1U.jpg

Coolant:
the coolant is going to mayhems pastel ice white as I am going for a Red/Black/White color scheme  
gzLSKjb.jpg

Tubing:
cleartygon-hose2.jpg
I am planning to use Tygon R3603, 1/2"ID -5/8"OD tubing 
However I am not quite sure if this is the best choice as I want the clearest tubing available, do anyone of you guys have any recommendations?  

I am planning to go all out with Bitspower fittings including kompressions, 90 degree angles, 45 degree angles and a valve for draining.

And the case that’s going to hold all this is going to be the corsair 900D, mainly because I love the look of the thing :D    
And here is a quick mockup of the tubing routing
SWTYcxI.jpg
MS paint FTW, am I right? xD 
just ignore the dual graphic cards in the picture, as I have later realized that I will not utilize them both.

And dont worry i know that the radiators i have are very overkill for the job, but i am going for maximal silence, since i am so annoyed by my computers noice.

Anyways am i on the right track here? anything that i am doing wrong? any recommendations on what tubing i should use?
any help would be greatly appreciated :D

Intel 3930K @ 4,4ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair Dominator GT 16gb | EVGA GTX 680 Classified | Asus Xonar Xense | Corsair HX 1050 | Corsair H100i | Corsair Force 3 120gb | Western Digital 2tb Black |

It looks good so far. Have you already bought the parts? Because you do have space to make both those XT45 480's into UT60's.

And what fittings are you going for? I'd recommend monsoon, they do some really nice carbon strip ones by ModMyToys where you can get white fittings with red carbon and other combinations. :)

Current workstation/gaming rig ->>.. i7 3280 @ 4.6GHz - Asrock Extreme 4 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP Black 1,600MHz - EVGA GTX 660 - Fractal Design Define R4 & Newton R3 PSU - Corsair H80i with the LED pink ^-^ - 4x Noctua NF-F12's - 2x 240GB Force GS SSD's in raid 0 - 6x 2TB HDD's

Sorry I missed the Bitspower bit. Ignore the monsoon recommendation :)

Current workstation/gaming rig ->>.. i7 3280 @ 4.6GHz - Asrock Extreme 4 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP Black 1,600MHz - EVGA GTX 660 - Fractal Design Define R4 & Newton R3 PSU - Corsair H80i with the LED pink ^-^ - 4x Noctua NF-F12's - 2x 240GB Force GS SSD's in raid 0 - 6x 2TB HDD's

Looks great. If you want to feel more comfortable with water-cooling your first system and haven't already done so, I would suggest watching Linus' water cooling guide, and maybe reading the stickied threads in the watercooling section of the forum. 

It looks good so far. Have you already bought the parts? Because you do have space to make both those XT45 480's into UT60's.

And what fittings are you going for? I'd recommend monsoon, they do some really nice carbon strip ones by ModMyToys where you can get white fittings with red carbon and other combinations. :)

No i havent bought these parts yet, maybe during the summer :D  
Thanks for the recommendation, but would i se a difference with the extrea rad surface that the UT60's offer? 

Sorry I missed the Bitspower bit. Ignore the monsoon recommendation :)

I actually edited that in after i read though it again and realized that i forgot to mention what fittings i am going to use.
And i have actually looked several times at the monsoon fitting but not many of the m are avalable here in Norway and they dont really fit the color theme i am going for.

Looks great. If you want to feel more comfortable with water-cooling your first system and haven't already done so, I would suggest watching Linus' water cooling guide, and maybe reading the stickied threads in the watercooling section of the forum. 

Yeah i have already watched tons of guides and tutorials, and read through the watercooling 101 thread multiple times, and i am feeling pretty comfortable with the idea of watercooling. I am just not sure if i have planned it out correctly, thanks though :D 

Intel 3930K @ 4,4ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | Corsair Dominator GT 16gb | EVGA GTX 680 Classified | Asus Xonar Xense | Corsair HX 1050 | Corsair H100i | Corsair Force 3 120gb | Western Digital 2tb Black |

can you pass the tubing through the back of the motherboard tray? my mind is blown!

No i havent bought these parts yet, maybe during the summer :D
Thanks for the recommendation, but would i se a difference with the extrea rad surface that the UT60's offer? 

I'm unsure what difference the extra thickness would offer, I've actually been very curious about it.

I'm thinking of running some tests to find out, I'll let you know if I do :)

But I just think that it would fill the case a bit better :)

can you pass the tubing through the back of the motherboard tray? my mind is blown!

Yep, I did it with 13/10 tubing and there's plenty of space for both the tubing and cables. So thicker tubing wouldn't be an issue either.

I'm unsure what difference the extra thickness would offer, I've actually been very curious about it.

I'm thinking of running some tests to find out, I'll let you know if I do :)

But I just think that it would fill the case a bit better :)

Here you go :d http://martinsliquidlab.org/2012/04/14/360-radiator-shootout-summary/

You can't walk out of your own story - Rango

Oooh nice collection of data, thanks for the link :)

Although I still think I'm going to do some experimenting myself :P

Anyways am i on the right track here? anything that i am doing wrong? any recommendations on what tubing i should use?

any help would be greatly appreciated :D

so far it looks fine, i'd start the loop at the GPU(s) and press upwards and return from the upper rad to res.

res->pump->lower rad->GPU->GPU->CPU->upper rad-> res

should shorten the tubing stance a bit and let mass to push through. plus you can mount the pump in lower

bay behind lower rad to free up "tubing/wiring" views. use bulkhead/fill ports to pass through the mid-plate.

cleans the clutter on the mid plate and allows HDD bays to be useful (if using HDD).

what fans?

airdeano

when you first get the gear, flush them out with a mild vinegar and distilled water mix.. this cleans out any gunk left by the manifacturing process.. 

airdeano, on 12 Jun 2013 - 07:19 AM, said:

so far it looks fine, i'd start the loop at the GPU(s) and press upwards and return from the upper rad to res.

res->pump->lower rad->GPU->GPU->CPU->upper rad-> res

should shorten the tubing stance a bit and let mass to push through. plus you can mount the pump in lower

bay behind lower rad to free up "tubing/wiring" views. use bulkhead/fill ports to pass through the mid-plate.

cleans the clutter on the mid plate and allows HDD bays to be useful (if using HDD).

what fans?

airdeano

Well i thought it would look better this way, especially since the inlet on the cpu block is on the left.

uvHyxNh.jpg

With this way you dont see as much of the tubing, and the performance difference is going to be minimal, thanks for the input though.

And i the fans are going to be all Noiseblocker Black Silent Pro PLS' and a Black Silent Pro PK1 in the back. like this:

6lhLeBu.jpg

Deaven, on 12 Jun 2013 - 01:16 AM, said:

Nice setup you have there ! =)

Well its not a setup yet, but sooooooon xD thanks though.

d33g33, on 12 Jun 2013 - 03:10 AM, said:

so much rad! good luck!

DeeG

Thank you :D

shimmikins, on 12 Jun 2013 - 09:06 AM, said:

when you first get the gear, flush them out with a mild vinegar and distilled water mix.. this cleans out any gunk left by the manifacturing process..

Oh yes i actually completely forgot that i have to flush out the rads, thanks for reminding me

Any thought towards the tubing people? As this is the thing that concerns me the most, since i dont want it to ruin the color of the coolant.

On a sidenote my 900D came this moring xD yay. 
I have not ordered the watercooling components yet though, as i have to wait a while for money to come xD maybe later during the summer :D 

Ok so the rads i where going to buy are out of stock and will apparently not come in for quite the time so i have desided to change over to the Alphacool NexXxos UT60 480mm, but will a singe set of fans be enough or will i need another set for push pull?  

I know I'm late to the party, and if anyone else said this, I'm sorry: Singularity Computers is a very good, very detailed channel that will have you up and running like a pro in no time

I know I'm late to the party, and if anyone else said this, I'm sorry: Singularity Computers is a very good, very detailed channel that will have you up and running like a pro in no time

Yeah, I am already a huge fan of Singularity Computers and have watched almost all his videos, he is like one of the best within watercooling in my opinion.

Does anyone have anything to contribute regarding the Tygon R3603 1/2"ID -5/8"OD tubing? since I would like the best of course, but i am also going to buy 4-5 meters of tubing so that i have enough for any future prosject. And I hope to avoid any issues with the tubing "clouding" up or making the ice white color of the coolant a different shade, since i have seen cases where the tubing have made the coolant have a greenish tint    

and any help regarding whether it would be enough with a single sett of fans on the Alphacool NexXxos UT60 480 rad that i might end up buying, would be great aswell :D

From what I've heard Primochill is better than Tygon

Anything built with screws is meant to be disassembled.