Painting GTX 980 Strix?

Yondiame

Hey guy's, I'm fairly new to computers and for my first build I'm planning on going two GTX 980 Strix. I am curious as to how feasible it'd be to paint the shroud so that it matches my case a little better.

I'm still new to building computers, so excuse any small bits of ignorance please!  ~Yondy   My dream/in progress of funding build    

Intel I7-5829K, Be Quiet CPU cooler, MSI X99S SLI Plus, 2 way SLI Asus 980 Strix, 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4, three BenQ Xl2420z  monitors, EVGA 750w 80+ Gold, 256gb Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 2tb Hitachi HDD 7200 RPM

in one of Linus' recent gaming build videos be painted his cards green. either the 4k gaming one or the triple monitor one. alls i know is I wouldn't because you need special paint and if you mess up some where you just wasted 650.00 per card.

if you do decide, watch the recent build video and do multiple coats. get the correct paint!!!!!

You can do this by:

1)removing the heatsink/fans by unscrewing the screws on the back

2 removing the fans/shroud from the heatsink

3)cover the fans or whatever parts you want to stay black

4)take high quality plastic spray paint and spray the paint on the areas you want to change and then leave it to dry and apply coats until the desired colour has been reached

5)reassemble the card and you are done

Thank you Computergeek227, you've reassured me greatly.

I'm still new to building computers, so excuse any small bits of ignorance please!  ~Yondy   My dream/in progress of funding build    

Intel I7-5829K, Be Quiet CPU cooler, MSI X99S SLI Plus, 2 way SLI Asus 980 Strix, 16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4, three BenQ Xl2420z  monitors, EVGA 750w 80+ Gold, 256gb Samsung 840 Pro SSD, 2tb Hitachi HDD 7200 RPM

Og1I5bL.jpg

i5 3570K (4.5Ghz OC)|4x4GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance pro|Zotac GTX 980 Amp! Extreme Edition|Asus p8Z77M-pro|Raidmax 500 80+Br| 128GB Kingston Now SSD|2x1TB Western Digital Blue| Artic White Define R4|Corsair H60 cooler|CM Storm Quickfire MX BLUE| White Corsair M65

sorry didn't have the original link to get the embedded. :/

i5 3570K (4.5Ghz OC)|4x4GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance pro|Zotac GTX 980 Amp! Extreme Edition|Asus p8Z77M-pro|Raidmax 500 80+Br| 128GB Kingston Now SSD|2x1TB Western Digital Blue| Artic White Define R4|Corsair H60 cooler|CM Storm Quickfire MX BLUE| White Corsair M65

That's lovely, how did you preserve the logo?

That's lovely, how did you preserve the logo?

I am sooo sorry!!!! That's not my work I forgot mention that someone else posted it up, but that can be done easily with think strips of tape. I did something similar way back and I used hot glue and then peeled it off after lol.

Ah, my idea for the Strix was to inverse the cases' colours to go with my two tone plan

*deleted for double post*

Remember... Sand - Primer - Paint - Paint and Paint again... 

For the best results get a Light Grey Primer, then first layer of paint you do, go for the opposite colour of your choice on the colour wheel.. (Purple - Yellow / Red - Light blue .ext) you will need to do the other 2 layers as your colour of choice and make sure u get the coverage right.

Character artist in the Games industry.

You sure a light gray would be good primer for stark white?

You sure a light gray would be good primer for stark white?

if your going for a Full on White... Then use a Black primer and do 3 layers of white... Remember to do a Setting spray when you are done to protect it... and make sure Each layer is dry 100% before doing the next layer if it takes you less than 2 days to do then you arnt doing it right...

i have a MASSIVE desktop mod in the works at the moment and its taken me 3 weeks so far just to get the case colours right...

Holy crap, that sounds like your build would blow mine out of the circuits

Holy crap, that sounds like your build would blow mine out of the circuits

its setting be back £3500 and im doing a Custom Copper pipe loop... its in no way half ass xD

Mine is going to set me back by 4.2k USD, so I need to get a second job so I can afford it in six months

Mine is going to set me back by 4.2k USD, so I need to get a second job so I can afford it in six months

mines for work... so it will pay for its self after a month or 2

Jesus man, you make me look like I live under the poverty line

Jesus man, you make me look like I live under the poverty line

i have 3 well paying jobs <3 

I barely have one somewhat decently paying job <\3

Out of curiosity, anyone done it with an Msi 290x lightning?

That ow is hard to fit in a build... :)

Out of curiosity, anyone done it with an Msi 290x lightning?

That ow is hard to fit in a build... :)

I don't know if anyone has, and I'm 80% sure I never will :P