MMORPGS with Skill-Diversity

Kthulhuth

Hey guys,

so i just received a Logitech G600 for testing and want to try it out on some MMORPGS.

Since most MMORPGS are designed around the use of just a few easy skills, iam looking for the once who offer a diversity of skills, which also need to be actively used.

I only remember 2 mmos who had a s***-load of skills and also had real purpose:  "Vanguard" and "Everquest 2".

Maybe u guys can suggest me some more :)

Best regards,

Kthulhuth

EDIT: I was really enjoying FFXIV - A Realm Reborn but what bored me over the time was the lack of skills. That really was a gamebreaker for me :(

WoW can be pretty complex if you are at the higher levels.

Guild Wars 2 is an interesting one also: You have skills dependant on the weapon combination you prefer using, and then other skills that you can switch in to suit each situation. In total you have (I believe) a customised set of 10 skills to use in a very dynamic and fluid manner (not just stand still, charge and cast as in WoW). Evasion is also a huge part of the game, learning to dodge is key. To top it off - it's cheap. Buy the game, no subscription.

WoW should do that for you. While your main skill rotation may only consist of 5-6 spells you have many cooldowns and situational spells that you also need to have at hand (interrupts, roots etc).

Anyone every played Runescape?

317 is watching. 317 is everywhere. 317 is life.

Well iam an WoW-Veteran (Classic - WotLk) and when i tried out Pandaria (until 87 i think) it was clear to me that there is still no big variation in the useage of skills.

Quiet the contrary - it got even simpler.

I also tried out Guild Wars 2 but it simply doenst fit me.

Runescape looks interessting and since it got some visual updates i might give it a try.

original guild wars had a shedload of buttons when I played it a couple years back. Not that it's the optimal way to play it

Hey guys,

so i just received a Logitech G600 for testing and want to try it out on some MMORPGS.

Since most MMORPGS are designed around the use of just a few easy skills, iam looking for the once who offer a diversity of skills, which also need to be actively used.

I only remember 2 mmos who had a s***-load of skills and also had real purpose:  "Vanguard" and "Everquest 2".

Maybe u guys can suggest me some more :)

Best regards,

Kthulhuth

EDIT: I was really enjoying FFXIV - A Realm Reborn but what bored me over the time was the lack of skills. That really was a gamebreaker for me :(

Play a Subterfuge Rogue in WoW. Shadow priest is probably the only caster left with a skill cap. All the other melee specs are kind of mongo now, but Sub rogue stayed around the same skill cap. A sub rogue is usually the most complained about class on forums (people hate dying to stealth classes), yet has never won a Blizzcon tourney. Here would be the best sub rogue atm against some high end arena players and some famous twitch WoW players. Vid should start at 18:40 in where hilarity happens. If not put the time there  :)

His twitch. 

http://www.twitch.tv/pikabooirl/profile

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.